Ibanez pedal modded by KF on eGulf

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FYL

Ibanez pedal modded by KF on eGulf

Post by FYL »

Hilarious...

"This TS was converted around 1984 from a stock TS-9 into a TS-808 by THE MASTER of Boutique Amplifiers himself. Yes, the founder and one-man-show extraordinaire of TRAINWRECK TW Amps.
Ken was a friend of the gentleman that I acquired this pedal from. He knew Mr. Fischer personally and hung out with him in New Jersey where they both were from. They were Music related professionals and developed a likeminded relationship. Ken, upon his friend’s request, used a Stock TS 808 JRC board that he had and removed and replaced the stock circuit board of the TS 9 with it by placing it inside the series 9 TS casing. He then soldered the TS9 power components (Plug and battery Clip) so that the TS808/TS9 conversion pedal could be powered in his friend’s Vintage 80s Original Ibanez Pedalboard . This mod itself on this Tubescreamer Tube screamer is pretty simple and only a conversion, nothing was changed or modified except putting a TS808 board in by re-soldering the power components of the TS9 into the otherwise stock circuit board of the 808 and then attaching it to the TS-9 casing.
The incredibly special thing is that Mr. Fischer did this by hand! Anything done or touched by KF is GOLD, he is beyond an Amp Amplifier Guru, and he is a TRUE LEGEND. Even Alexander Dumble cannot outshine him. His work hour was hard to secure, even then. In spite of this Ken Fischer always demonstrated a great human quality and would do things for people and accommodate for them without focusing on profit, according to many accounts. Look at the high-resolution pictures of the board. His work is flawless… the solder looks virgin. He was just outstanding. I don’t mind keeping anything he did yet I could use the money."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0598296696
TheGimp

Re: Ibanez pedal modded by KF on eGulf

Post by TheGimp »

Great documentation on the work as well. :roll:
hairyandy

Re: Ibanez pedal modded by KF on eGulf

Post by hairyandy »

Fuckin' retard tire kickers...all of that makes it worth exactly as much as one that you buy at GC that my sister can mod for you!

Andy