Pacific OT/Express - hookup?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

solderstain

Pacific OT/Express - hookup?

Post by solderstain »

I'm FINALLY getting around to starting my long-dormant 'proper' Express build. I'm using one of Allyn's chassis, and a set of Pacific iron, also purchased from Allyn.

Question: The pactran wiring diagram for the OT posted by rhinson (thanks!) shows the secondary wiring with the gray wire being the 16 ohm tap, and the red wire being the 4 ohm tap.

When I examine the well-done wiring layout drawing posted in the Trainwreck Files section, THAT drawing appears to have the red wire being the 16 ohm tap and the gray wire being the 4 ohm tap.

So I admit that I may be interpreting the layout drawing wrong, or it may be drawn for a different OT...

For those who have done your build with the Pacific OT, did you wire it like the pactran wiring diagram?

Thanks.
JamesHealey

Re: Pacific OT/Express - hookup?

Post by JamesHealey »

The pacific wiring is noted in the layout file here. Pay attention to the notes on the pdf at the bottom as the picture is for the older heyboer unit i believe[/i]
Bob S

Express OT

Post by Bob S »

Red = 4
Yellow = 8
Gray = 16
Just checked mine & sure enough I've got it backwards. :roll:
Why Aye Man
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Pacific wiring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
solderstain

Post by solderstain »

Thanks, everyone...
JamesHealey wrote:The pacific wiring is noted in the layout file here. Pay attention to the notes on the pdf at the bottom as the picture is for the older heyboer unit i believe
Which PDF and which notes are you referring to? I had those pactran wiring diagrams already, and I don't see any notes in the PDF of the Express layout I downloaded from here, oh so long ago... :P
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Not sure what your looking for so I will post this layout.

I built an Express with Allyn's chassis and his Pacific transformer set and this was how I wired mine.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
solderstain

Post by solderstain »

Thanks, Mark - I got my answer from an earlier post, but I like that illustration... lesseee.... 'save to desktop'... :D
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Your welcome and glad we all could help in some small way. :)