springtime amp builders convention in down east NC

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

seulb-rd

springtime amp builders convention in down east NC

Post by seulb-rd »

anybody interested in an amp builder’s convention in down east (jacksonville), nc?

i originally posted this on the dumble forum, but i thought i'd share with the t-wreck folks as well...

i had lunch with a local club owner last week and asked him if he would be willing to hold an amp shoot out / convention at his club, and he’s all for it. we tentatively agreed on the saturday before memorial day which would be may 26 from noon to 6 pm. i told him i could get 15-20 builders/players to show up and he was happy...all he wants out of the deal is the bar and the publicity. he says he may be able to get the local rock station to do a remote from the club during the shootout and a local music store to be the sponsor.

the venue is the marina cafe. it has a 2k sq ft club adjacent to the restaurant. the club has it's own bar and a generous stage area. that time of year the back would be open to a patio on the river. it’s not super nice, but too bad either. the food is pretty good too.

the owner will give me until mid april to confirm. so, can i get a show of hands of those who are interested...who knows, this could turn out to be a party !
ciao...dr. blues
lastwinj

Re: springtime amp builders convention in down east NC

Post by lastwinj »

hmmm......

lemme think about it.

germ