Nik from Ceriatone talks about their components.

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

cbass

Re: Nik from Ceriatone talks about their components.

Post by cbass »

Nah he tells his name is Ron Mexico and they never see him again
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Ron Mexico left behind a little sumpin' else...Lefty would never do that...would ya Lefty?
Kassie

Post by Kassie »

Someone could buy the SSS and post gutshots, do measurements etc... The information is out there in the form of a complete amp.

On the other hand. The dumble forum 'steals' from Dumble, and in turn get's robbed by another... Dog eat dog... the second thief outwitted the first in the amount of effort made in the robbery.

But there should be no reason not to steal a circuit back...
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

vibratoking wrote:Ron Mexico left behind a little sumpin' else...Lefty would never do that...would ya Lefty?
LOL. Nothing permanent anyway...
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
cbass

Post by cbass »

LeftyStrat wrote:
vibratoking wrote:Ron Mexico left behind a little sumpin' else...Lefty would never do that...would ya Lefty?
LOL. Nothing permanent anyway...
Except for mental scarring. :P
Toppscore

Post by Toppscore »

Kassie wrote:Someone could buy the SSS and post gutshots, do measurements etc... The information is out there in the form of a complete amp.
On the other hand. The dumble forum 'steals' from Dumble, and in turn get's robbed by another... Dog eat dog... the second thief outwitted the first in the amount of effort made in the robbery.
But there should be no reason not to steal a circuit back...

Ultimately, is there ANYTHING original?
Are not all original songs derived from influences?
Don't all guitars have similar basic components?
I am guessing that Leo Fender and Jim Marshall had a sharing session, right?

Maybe Leo Fender, Jim Marshall, Alexander "Howard" Dumble,
Paul Rivera, Bruce Zinky and Ken Fischer had a bit in common
and similar desires. Where does Mesa Boogie fit into all of this?

A bunch of my original songs have Cliff Gallup, Scotty Moore,
Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, James Burton, Trower, James HoneymanScott,
Kim Simmonds & Alvin Lee influences (love to mention those names - haha :roll: :roll: :roll:

What are your original and non-original contributions :?: :idea: :shock:
Fan of Fender Trainwreck Dumble
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Someone could buy the SSS and post gutshots...
If you mean Nik's SSS, it already happened. Use the search function.
Kassie

Post by Kassie »

Toppscore wrote:
Long story short...

What are your original and non-original contributions :?: :idea: :shock:
Agreed, even the language we speak, the clothes we wear, the thoughts we think and the food we eat could not have happened if we didn't copy it from someone else, or where indoctrinated by it in our 'early' upbringing or friend cycle.

That's why there is no such thing as an autodidact...
milkyBK370

Post by milkyBK370 »

I wasn't aware that there were such feeling toward Nik. My 2 pennies: the information posted here was put into the public domain, by sharing such information you no longer have control over how it's used. If someone with business acumen spots an opportunity to make some money from it, who cares. I say, fair play to him.
Toppscore

Post by Toppscore »

milkyBK370 wrote:I wasn't aware that there were such feeling toward Nik. My 2 pennies: the information posted here was put into the public domain, by sharing such information you no longer have control over how it's used. If someone with business acumen spots an opportunity to make some money from it, who cares. I say, fair play to him.

It was new to me, as well. But, some seem to feel an expectation backwards.
No biggie. There are a lot of forums and Internet sites, so information is out there.
I like TAG members, so maybe just let it ride and more will be revealed.
I have been to the Ceriatone site for questions and information.
Been treated very well.
Fan of Fender Trainwreck Dumble
LeftyStrat

Post by LeftyStrat »

milkyBK370 wrote:I wasn't aware that there were such feeling toward Nik. My 2 pennies: the information posted here was put into the public domain, by sharing such information you no longer have control over how it's used. If someone with business acumen spots an opportunity to make some money from it, who cares. I say, fair play to him.
There are probably a lot more people than just Nik. Sure, all the information is free, and everyone has the freedom to take it.

But if a client of mine asks for recommendations, I'd probably steer them to any of the the commercial builders that contribute here. I've never met in person any of the regulars here, though I have spoke on the phone with some of them. But there is a kindred spirit here, where people go out of their way to help others and share information.

The neighbors that come over to help you build your barn are most likely the ones you'll go out of your way to help when they need something in return.

The neighbors who don't even wave when they pass by you aren't really neighbors, or a part of the community.
Chad

Post by Chad »

LeftyStrat wrote:
There are probably a lot more people than just Nik. Sure, all the information is free, and everyone has the freedom to take it.

But if a client of mine asks for recommendations, I'd probably steer them to any of the the commercial builders that contribute here. I've never met in person any of the regulars here, though I have spoke on the phone with some of them. But there is a kindred spirit here, where people go out of their way to help others and share information.

The neighbors that come over to help you build your barn are most likely the ones you'll go out of your way to help when they need something in return.

The neighbors who don't even wave when they pass by you aren't really neighbors, or a part of the community.
That is my thought completely. He loves to take from here but nary a return.Is nary a real word I'm not sure :oops: :oops: :lol: Chad
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Then there is the opposite. Doc Z and Mr. Husky.

Kudos to them for that.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
LeftyStrat

Post by LeftyStrat »

Reeltarded wrote:Then there is the opposite. Doc Z and Mr. Husky.

Kudos to them for that.
Exactly, Dr. Z dropped by to compliment a guy on a clone build of one of his amps. That's pretty magnanimous. (Damn, I used a big word, spelled it right, then looked up the meaning, and it was correct usage. If only my hot twelfth grade english teacher was here to witness it).

Don't forget Andy Fuchs contributes here as well. And Henry and Brandon have given a lot over the years.
alvarezh

Post by alvarezh »

"Don't forget Andy Fuchs contributes here as well. And Henry and Brandon have given a lot over the years."

I have read advises from John Suhr also.

And let's not forget Tony from VVT, and Jelle (welagen amps), and many, many others!

I Thank you guys!

Cheers.
Horacio

Play in tune and B#!