Trainwreck PT and OT originals. I have em!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Zippy

Re: Trainwreck PT and OT originals. I have em!

Post by Zippy »

RockingClassElectronics wrote:Everything may be laid out on this site, yes, but under novelas and novels of rhetoric and banter from people such as yourself.
Reminds me of one of my favorite George W. Bush quotes from the 2004 debates, "This is hard work."

Cheers!
RockingClassElectronics

Post by RockingClassElectronics »

RockingClassElectronics wrote:I can't post drawings of our parts schematics on the internet. Maybe somewhere down the line that policy will change regarding certain parts, but that is like asking for missile launch codes. We are here to make the parts.
'Maybe somewhere down the line that policy will change regarding certain parts'

^ ----- I'll reiterate.
Dave Thomas
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

RockingClassElectronics wrote:
RockingClassElectronics wrote:I can't post drawings of our parts schematics on the internet. Maybe somewhere down the line that policy will change regarding certain parts, but that is like asking for missile launch codes. We are here to make the parts.
'Maybe somewhere down the line that policy will change regarding certain parts'

^ ----- I'll reiterate.
In other words, probably not. As you've said, you have to answer to others - it's not your choice.

I get it.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Dave, I must admit that I think ALOT less of Pacific since you have become involved. Before your involvement, I only knew that Pacific transformers had a loyal following and that some guys here were reselling Pacific transformers mainly for guys building Wreck clones. Everybody seemed happy.

Since your involvment, my new impression is that Pacific is a greedy, lazy unknowledgable and unlikeable organization that is trying to profit from the work of others without giving anything in return. When you are called on it, you respond with illogical horseshit that only makes you look more stupid. Way to step on your own dick. Judging from this thread, you are an asshole. You have successfully convinced me to cease any business with Pacific. Was that your goal?
RockingClassElectronics

I've posted the schematics to now 3 of our parts. You're still going to sit behind your computer screen and tell me I haven't given anything to you?

:lol:

I'm done with you. You just want me to post hundreds of files on that will take you years to figure out (if ever) what goes into what.
Dave Thomas
RockingClassElectronics

Sorry you feel that way. Profiting from the work of others? How so? Are you looking for free transformers? I've made it clear that we weren't given model numbers based on our part numbers. I am here for same reason you are. Since my involvement with this forum, we've figured out most of which parts go into what so far. I've made it clear that I am offering FREE reverse engineering services with FREE prototype. Yes we will use that drawing for future productions. I'm not here to become competitors with anyone (except companies like Mercury, whom is up for sale). I'm only doing what everyone else is doing whose manufacturing parts, but if I come on a forum and be immediately confronted by an asshole, I'm going to act accordingly. And even that was sparked from a discussion from another asshole from another forum. I've actually seen some of the other discussions on here and I see the same exact shit from the same exact people. I apologize if I come off that way. This is just a little attempt in connecting with end users, but was immediately met with animosity. I've actually made a few friends from this forum who happen to like my passion and energy in tackling this subject - so again, sorry you feel that way. I don't treat this forum like a place of business, because it's not. You all come off like this is YOUR little tight-knit niche, and you aims to keep it that way. I get it. I do apologize for the misunderstandings early on.
Dave Thomas
Mark

Post by Mark »

Man did this thread go out of control.

I don't know much about Pacific, I have a Pacific transformer in my Rocket clone and I'll see how that goes.

As far as what I expect from Pacific, I want to be able to purchase the transformer sets that Ken himself used. These transformer sets are for personal use and there is a card on this forum sent to me from Ken saying he doesn't might me building clones of his amps.

IHMO the transformer sets plus the NOS tubes make or break these amps. I believe other parts will make minor tonal changes.

Dave do you supply the transformers at the same spec as supplied to Ken Fischer?

Sorry to be blunt. :oops:
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
cbass

Post by cbass »

I'm interested in other transformers like ones for fender and marshall's.We already have wreck transformers.
Will you guys be making those?
As far as specs all I really need is dimensions and primary/secondary numbers. Then all taht matters is if it sounds good or not.Thats alot more than Mercury gives us.
redshark

Post by redshark »

I don't really understand why this thread went out of control. David came here to tell us that he will make available transformers to build wrecks @ the correct specs. If he doesn't want to go in full detail about it let's all respect his decision and let's move forward. If you wanna buy from him is fine if not do whatever. :D
Richie

Post by Richie »

M Fowler wrote:I bought these new Pacific Express transformer set so I'll see how they work compared to Allynmey's Pacific set and rjguitars Pacific set.
Hey Mark, when you do your testing, would you also give a close listen to mechanical vibration compared to other transformers. Seems that has popped up from time to time. And I have a PT here that I have to change. Or if one runs warmer than the another.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Agreed Richie, that is good info. I've seen some Marshall transformers run quite hot which is worrying.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Decko

Got a set

Post by Decko »

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since my last TW build.

Ordered a set a iron from Dave. He shipped it out the same day and I received the iron well packaged this week via ups ground.

So far so good.

Cheers,
Decko
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

redshark wrote:I don't really understand why this thread went out of control. David came here to tell us that he will make available transformers to build wrecks @ the correct specs. If he doesn't want to go in full detail about it let's all respect his decision and let's move forward. If you wanna buy from him is fine if not do whatever. :D
Dave is here to offer us something that is already available from members that did the heavy lifting to figure out what was "correct" - he's offering nothing new except the opportunity to line his pocket. No value added. It's that simple.

Dave reminds me of the character in the movie, Wayne's World, who decided to swoop in on a popular public-operated show, take it over, repackage it, and sell it for a profit.

"If he was an ice cream flavor..."
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Mark wrote:As far as what I expect from Pacific, I want to be able to purchase the transformer sets that Ken himself used. These transformer sets are for personal use and there is a card on this forum sent to me from Ken saying he doesn't might me building clones of his amps.

Dave do you supply the transformers at the same spec as supplied to Ken Fischer?
What do we KNOW about the transformers spec'd by Ken? Were they one-offs, or did he ever settle on a spec for "production"? For what model? Are Dave's specs any different than the Pacific transformers already offered by other sellers at The Amp Garage?

What value is a "guarantee of authenticity" from RockingClassics if he had to get that information from here?
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Zippy wrote
What do we KNOW about the transformers spec'd by Ken? Were they one-offs, or did he ever settle on a spec for "production"? For what model? Are Dave's specs any different than the Pacific transformers already offered by other sellers at The Amp Garage?

What value is a "guarantee of authenticity" from RockingClassics if he had to get that information from here?
George,

Your correct but hopefully behind the scene some can come up with the correct information regarding transformers used by Trainwreck to share with everyone. I think Ken used whatever audio transformers he could get within certain spec range. After that he went to Pacific.

Mark