SOZO caps in an Express or Rocket

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

aaronz28

SOZO caps in an Express or Rocket

Post by aaronz28 »

curious - has anyone tried the next gen caps in a rocket or express?
either the blue molded or mustard? I would have to believe that there would be a noticable different, just curious if anyone has tried such.

I'm in the final stages of building a KF50 clone using the SOZO next gens and if it comes out as good as I hope, I'm going to try my next express build with them - maybe make some recordings, swap em, and try again... just for fun, but also to learn just how different they sound.

curious to your thoughts
What?
Reeltarded

Re: SOZO caps in an Express or Rocket

Post by Reeltarded »

No, but I have built amps with mustartds then yanked them to be replaced with all Sozos.

Expensive caps only make you feel good.

If you were using different brands and types in all positions for reasons other than that it would make a difference. All one thing is pretty.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Roe

Post by Roe »

I have tried mustard type caps in a kf50 preamp and it sounds great. the blue sozos are a little brigher and more fendery sounding than the mustard ones
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
guitarmike2107

Post by guitarmike2107 »

Yes I used the Next Gens in my rocket build, They look cool, but Mallory and Orange drop 6Ps are just as good and will save you some money
aaronz28

Post by aaronz28 »

Thanks - before anyone responded - I did buy a set of both Blue and Mustards in the Express Values, so I'm gonna give them a try with the 45w Heyboer TWOT and switchable rectifier - - should be an interesting expiriment!

Cheers

A
What?