What's wrong with V3?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

fugezii

What's wrong with V3?

Post by fugezii »

As you can see, the voltage of P1 and P3 in V3 is very high. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thank
sluckey

Re: What's wrong with V3?

Post by sluckey »

Wiring error(s). Pin 3 and pin 8 should be the same since they should be tied together.
fugezii

Post by fugezii »

sluckey wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm Wiring error(s). Pin 3 and pin 8 should be the same since they should be tied together.
I checked, there is no problem with the wiring of v3, I am sorry to forget to modify the pin8 value, it is the same as pin1.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Still a wiring error. V3 (Phase inverter) cathode (pin 3 and 8) should have small volts DC on it, like maybe 10. Are you sure you're not measuring AC volts? the signal is pretty strong at that point normally but I still don't think it should be that high. Seems like you've accidentally sent high voltage to the cathodes, or your coupling caps are leaking DC somehow?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm Still a wiring error. V3 (Phase inverter) cathode (pin 3 and 8) should have small volts DC on it, like maybe 10. Are you sure you're not measuring AC volts? the signal is pretty strong at that point normally but I still don't think it should be that high. Seems like you've accidentally sent high voltage to the cathodes, or your coupling caps are leaking DC somehow?

~Phil
That LTP PI will have a very healthy voltage on the cathodes. It's not uncommon to see 60V on some LTPs.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

fugezii wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:22 pm
sluckey wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm Wiring error(s). Pin 3 and pin 8 should be the same since they should be tied together.
I checked, there is no problem with the wiring of v3, I am sorry to forget to modify the pin8 value, it is the same as pin1.
Really!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

The triode connected to pins 1, 2, and 3 is not passing current. Could be a failed plate resistor, grid shorted to ground, cold filament, or ?
wpaulvogel

Post by wpaulvogel »

A good picture of the chassis with the tube socket, wire and board would be helpful. Something like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wpaulvogel

Post by wpaulvogel »

It has a symptom of the cathode pin 3 being open circuit, not connected to ground.
fugezii

Post by fugezii »

I found it! Pin 1 on the v3 tube is broken! :| Thanks everyone for their help