mojo tw 35 transformers!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

riscado

mojo tw 35 transformers!

Post by riscado »

Has anyone had experience with these? Or are they just a rebrand of some other transformers?

thanks
rooster

Re: mojo tw 35 transformers!

Post by rooster »

They are the real deal Pacific built trannys, a company that KF used - along with others. I contacted them, Pacific, and asked them to send me some specs and I got zip. I suspect they are busy making $$ elsewhere.

What would be critical to me would be the typical 400VDC plate voltage on the finished product - if you are building an Express. So, I really don't know if this is the case. Does anybody know on this Forum? That would be nice to know. In the end I went with Tonesluts because at least I knew the voltages of the PT.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Expresses typically see about 380V on the plates depending on Bias. Ken biased most of the ones I've seen hot (40-48mA). My clones see 380V on the plates too.
RJ Guitars

Post by RJ Guitars »

Assuming we are talking about the Mojotone TW transformers - http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/transf ... &s=Project

I wouldn't fight anybody for the opportunity to prove it but I believe those are Heyboers.

Look at the model numbers on them. The OPT is a model 5200 which is Heyboers designation for their 5.2K output transformer. The PT is a 5199 which is also Heyboers number for the 300-260-0-260-300 tranny.

I just bought a run of both of these direct from Heyboer and they have the exact same stickers and ID numbers on them...

rj
Good, Fast, or Cheap -- Pick two...

http://www.rjguitars.net
http://www.rjaudioresearch.com/
http://diyguitaramps.prophpbb.com/
paulster

Post by paulster »

They are the Heyboers. I remember someone getting onto Phil at Heyboer to try to buy some direct and he pointed them to Mojo as they had the self same ones he was looking for available off the shelf.

Paul
riscado

Post by riscado »

Î had a feeling they'd be heyboers too... thanks for confirming!
rooster

Post by rooster »

OK, I see that these do look like what I own, too. The odd thing is, if you can read the part numbers on the trannys, they are using the part numbers from the Pacific trannys, same as the ones used in one of the original TW photos from this site: PACIFIC 11415 and 11410. In fact, these were the part numbers that Pacific sent me when I was checking them out. Anyway, I guess this is kind of a case where one company uses the part numbers of another to clone a tranny. ?? Well, either that or these were part numbers that KF assigned to all his manufactured trannys, regardless of maker- which I kinda doubt but don't know for sure. Is this the case? Well, this part number thing threw me, sorry for the misinformation. And yes, I know KF did use Heyboer at one time. ....And on this subject, didn't he leave this earth kinda pissed at them for sharing his tranny specs with another amp company?? Well, history.

All this aside, Allyn, that is interesting that your plates are 380VDC. I am using the laydown version and the 300VAC taps to get 400VDC over here. Eh, maybe we have more electricity over here, my wall AC is 122VAC typically. :shock:
rooster

Post by rooster »

Oh, NOS Mullards at 40mas...
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

rooster, I get up to 126VAC at my shop. I use a variac on the bench and set everything to 120V unless it was originally made to 117V.
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

Are these the same as the Toneslut trannies?
tubelovin

Post by tubelovin »

I bought mine from Toneslut. His are also made by Heyboer, but his come with 5.2k and 6.6k taps.

Another reason to buy from him is they are alot cheaper. :D
Lousyatit

Post by Lousyatit »

Tell me about it. I have a dealer account with Mojo and the Toneslut's are still cheaper!!!