Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dartanion

Re: Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Post by dartanion »

Remember, these:

[img:1200:900]http://www.roadrebels.ca/JohnPelletier68Stang.jpg[/img]

came out of the same factory as these:

[img:640:480]http://de.geocities.com/mustangs_muscle ... allion.jpg[/img]

I rest my case.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

HeeBGB wrote:Trainwreck.com doesn't seem to have anything about it. It's actually not a bad idea.....I would have tried to go with a more known company like Fuchs for the builds though. A company with a good rep and some distribution but hey! It would be a shame to let the legacy die! How about a DLM? That would sell like gangbusters!
Actually, I approached Ken about this when we made our Train-45's. I wanted to do a KF sanctioned product. He was not that thrilled with the state of the relationship with the Komet guys, so I made him the offer. He declined politely, and we let it go. A few mutual friends tried to encourage Ken to do it, but it didn't pan out. Sad thing, our shop is 20 minutes from Ken's house. Could have worked out nicely.

At that price, there's room for a partner...lol. :roll:
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

John Mark was a tube designer for RCA and consulted with other entities as well.
He is/was a consultant to Groove Tubes as well and we all know Kenny had early positive history with Aspen.

Is there a connection? Who knows at this time.

The price point bothers me as it conflicts with Kenny's Trainwreck philosophy.

If he was alive and well today and never had his health issues I'm positive he would have put a lot more amps in players hands for a modest cost.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

chimeboss wrote: The price point bothers me as it conflicts with Kenny's Trainwreck philosophy.

If he was alive and well today and never had his health issues I'm positive he would have put a lot more amps in players hands for a modest cost.
Finally something we agree on.
mclmk8d

Post by mclmk8d »

I pm'd the guy yesterday re: photos, info on the structure of this little venture, etc. Not surprisingly, I haven't had a response yet, and would actually be surprised if I did hear from him.

$10K is a lot, especially for a clone, and when it comes down to it, that is what is is. We all know there will never be another true NEW Trainwreck amp.
Where gators roam the backyards; keep your kids and dogs inside!
spiralstairs

Post by spiralstairs »

On one hand though, if this does have the approval of the trainwreck-family, I can certainly understand why they would be doing something with the name - there's plenty of companies benefiting from Ken's work, why not his family?

However, if it is them - they need a better marketing team :) It would work *really* well if they approached the community straight up and said the truth about plans and who will be building what with what parts and where, and why they're doing it etc. And, do something which makes the amps a bit different than orig trainwrecks - perhaps call it Trainwreck legacy or something not-so-cheesy as that suggestion. If they approached it correctly, people would surely want to buy something made by Ken's close friends and approved by his family, if only to support his legacy. Perhaps not for $10k, but still... they could easily present this in a way that would bring no talk of 'dirty clones'

All beside the point though, because the way these amps are presented smells of fishy-business
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

UR12 wrote:
chimeboss wrote: The price point bothers me as it conflicts with Kenny's Trainwreck philosophy.

Finally something we agree on.
Me three....silly prices imho.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
mclmk8d

Today's replies

Post by mclmk8d »

Very interesting response and somewhat of a surprise:
"Hi,
my friend John Mark is building them on Ken's bench. The Fischer family is totally behind this endeavor. If you are a serious buyer, here is their phone number xxxxxxxxxx. Most likely Mona, Ken's sister will talk to you, and give you John's background. He was there right from the very beginning, before Ken built Trainwreck, he modded amps. It was John who pushed Ken into doing something much better. Trainwreck"

I also got this from him
"No photos of Chasis. And there will be none. Why would we want to do that? Unless you're a cloner. We can get photos of the amps though. And Ken'e Reality Check.

My turn
who is Paul Ruby?"

Serge
Last edited by mclmk8d on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where gators roam the backyards; keep your kids and dogs inside!
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

So is it cool to post private emails now?
That being said I am truly surprised.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Chimeboss,

Your surprized at which aspect of the email, Serge or that he encouraged Ken to start Trainwreck?

Oh by the way Chimeboss my name is Mark what is your name?
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

My name is mud.
As to the surprise factor- if the family is truly behind this- there has to be a more common sense approach to such a business model.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Chime, I sure agree with that.

With big news as such as this, the guitar magazines and online press would love to be involved in getting such a buisness off and running.

Also, some of you guys here must know part of Ken's family since you met him and talked to him frequently, right?

Mark
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

M Fowler wrote:
With big news as such as this, the guitar magazines and online press would love to be involved in getting such a buisness off and running.

Also, some of you guys here must know part of Ken's family since you met him and talked to him frequently, right?

Mark
Wrong
95% of all guitar mag readers have no clue of whats happening with Trainwreck even with all the Knopfler/Paisley press let alone the Dumble shit.
It's the 5% of which we belong to who push this insidious hype.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Well not suprizing I have to differ with you on that, Mud Chimeboss.

I have read about Trainwreck amps in Vintage Guitar and Premierguitar not that long ago so they are aware of Trainwrecks, Komets and Dumbles. In fact in the one article the author new Ken F. very well and had a Trainwreck he was discussing. Now that may have been in Guitar Player I don't remember but I still have them sitting around here some where for review. Yes Brad Paisley got his share of limelight with his TW liverpool and Zwreck amps which now sport TW style head cabinets too.

Mark
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

M Fowler wrote:Well not suprizing I have to differ with you on that, Mud Chimeboss.

I have read about Trainwreck amps in Vintage Guitar and Premierguitar not that long ago so they are aware of Trainwrecks, Komets and Dumbles. In fact in the one article the author new Ken F. very well and had a Trainwreck he was discussing. Now that may have been in Guitar Player I don't remember but I still have them sitting around here some where for review. Yes Brad Paisley got his share of limelight with his TW liverpool and Zwreck amps which now sport TW style head cabinets too.

Mark
Go gig with a Komet/Wreck/Dumble anywhere in the USA without telling anyone and let me know what the audience says.

Remember when mud is dry its adobe and builds houses and pictures...