Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Re: Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Post by M Fowler »

I got a lot of comments at one of my gigs using the Komet 60 I built sitting side by side with the Rocket I built and the musician's knew what they were, even in bum F--k Minnesota imagine that.

The next gig I used my Liverpool with my Dr Z Stangray one guitar player did not know that it was a TW but OK so I struck out that time but I wasn't really concerned because I came to rock and not do a quiz. Its all about the music and having fun doing it or otherwise pack up and go home.

I don't have a Dumble yet still working on the fine details of what I am going to put into my SSS at this point but I got started on it last night.
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

M Fowler wrote:I got a lot of comments at one of my gigs using the Komet 60 I built sitting side by side with the Rocket I built and the musician's knew what they were, even in bum F--k Minnesota imagine that.

The next gig I used my Liverpool with my Dr Z Stangray one guitar player did not know that it was a TW but OK so I struck out that time but I wasn't really concerned because I came to rock and not do a quiz. Its all about the music and having fun doing it or otherwise pack up and go home.

I don't have a Dumble yet still working on the fine details of what I am going to put into my SSS at this point but I got started on it last night.
Ok Mark
Seems like you have it all figured out so I will give you respect on your comments.

I'll reach out to you when I have the need.
Peace be with you
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Thanks brother peace be with you too.
mclmk8d

chimeboss

Post by mclmk8d »

chimeboss wrote:So is it cool to post private emails now?
That being said I am truly surprised.
If they were that private, I wouldn't post them...they are MY emails and I am posting them because of the interest here.
Where gators roam the backyards; keep your kids and dogs inside!
chimeboss

Re: chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

mclmk8d wrote:
If they were that private, I wouldn't post them...they are MY emails and I am posting them because of the interest here.
Well...that sets a precident.
Remember this when your privacy is in jeopardy.

Idiot for $1000 Alex...
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Never heard of this at all ever, until now. Guess I'm out of the loop!

Glen
mclmk8d

Post by mclmk8d »

chimeboss wrote:
Idiot for $1000 Alex...
...NICE COMMENT, CHIMEBOSS, VERY ADULT-LIKE; WELCOME TO MY A-LIST
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

Stop bickering! You sound like a bunch old bitties.

I understand that TW and Dumble may not be a household name, but any guitarist who has picked an industry mag or has hung out or lurked at various forums knows what they are. It doesn't mean they have any clue as to how to spot one on stage or by tone, nor would they be able to spot a clone of either.

If the family chooses to move forward with this, it's their right to and should. They will have a big challenge ahead though. Selling "Train Wrecks" not build by Ken for exhorbitant sums isn't going to be an easy affair.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

chimeboss wrote:
mclmk8d wrote:
Well...that sets a precident.
Remember this when your privacy is in jeopardy.

Idiot for $1000 Alex...

Privacy?!!!!!!! They are trying to sell amplifiers. They posted it on a public forum (MLPF). Why would they want that to be private?

IDIOT for $10000 Alex....
mclmk8d

Allyn

Post by mclmk8d »

Please remove this thread as certain people have problems with the posting of MY emails, which I have deemed newsworthy and of interest to this board...thank you.

Serge
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

mclmk8d,

You didn't do anything wrong and I find it news worthy my self and thanks for posting the information as I would not have heard about this. When I mentioned Serge I thought that was the guys name that emailed you.

Sorry about mentioning that to Chimeboss. :oops:

Mark
UR12

Post by UR12 »

dartanion wrote: They will have a big challenge ahead though. Selling "Train Wrecks" not build by Ken for exhorbitant sums isn't going to be an easy affair.
Especially if they are only planning to have this peachy guy post their big grand opening on the LP forum. Something still smell a little fishey to me.

Serge, Don't worry about Chimeboss. Idiot for 1000 is the only questions he knows how to answer. Post what you want and let the mods worry about policing this site. Last time I checked Chimeboss wasn't a mod :lol: and he has NEVER contributed anything useful to this site.
peach

Post by peach »

IMHO, was it not word of mouth that people heard about Ken's work?, where did any of you see an ad in a magazine for Trainwrecks? How bout the people who spent $25, $30, $35, $40,000 for a Trainwreck, do you think they're going to be happy about these amps? My guess is they're going to snatch these up to protect their investments.

What do you guys think?
paulster

Post by paulster »

peach wrote:How bout the people who spent $25, $30, $35, $40,000 for a Trainwreck, do you think they're going to be happy about these amps? My guess is they're going to snatch these up to protect their investments.

What do you guys think?
I don't think they'll be worried in the slightest, to be honest. Nor do I think they'll be whipping out their chequebooks, if that's the angle on these.

It'll be as Trainwreck as a clone with a Trainwreck badge stuck on it, and they've not dented the value of the real ones now that more people have had some exposure to the name.

A real collector/enthusiast will likely be interested only in an amp that was built whilst Ken was with us, that can legitimately bear the Trainwreck name.
mclmk8d

Post by mclmk8d »

Paulster, I definitely agree with you. While these may be close to Ken's work, from what I've read, each one that he built was just a bit different and had Ken's "magic touch" for lack of a better term, whether it was a different placement of wire, or even a different color of wire; no 2 were exactly alike. It is that part lost to the world. There will be no more Trainwrecks built.
paulster wrote:
peach wrote:How bout the people who spent $25, $30, $35, $40,000 for a Trainwreck, do you think they're going to be happy about these amps? My guess is they're going to snatch these up to protect their investments.

What do you guys think?
I don't think they'll be worried in the slightest, to be honest. Nor do I think they'll be whipping out their chequebooks, if that's the angle on these.

It'll be as Trainwreck as a clone with a Trainwreck badge stuck on it, and they've not dented the value of the real ones now that more people have had some exposure to the name.

A real collector/enthusiast will likely be interested only in an amp that was built whilst Ken was with us, that can legitimately bear the Trainwreck name.