Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dartanion

Re: Post on Les Paul forums Re: New Rockets built on KF's bench

Post by dartanion »

dayn wrote:
There was a desire to keep them alive for players, not millionaires.
$10,000?

That is a price for millionaires, not players.
You are correct sir!

The average player complains about boutique pricing on amps when they're over $2K. And you think players are going to pay $10K? Good luck with that folks.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

"As for the wiring, transformers, etc,...there are upgrades"
"These are not clones, these amp are wired even more immaculate."
"...better than Kenny's ears"

:shock:

Maybe the ultimate TW clone would be worth $10k to some folks. But for that money it better have EVERY single dang part come out of an old box in Ken's basement, and be built to the exact specs of a stellar original TW right on the bench next to it.
Last edited by geetarpicker on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulster

Post by paulster »

Exactly!
mac0611

Post by mac0611 »

geetarpicker wrote:"As for the wiring, transformers, etc,...there are upgrades"
"These are not clones, these amp are wired even more immaculate."
"...better than Kenny's ears"

:shock:

Maybe the ultimate TW clone would be worth $10k to some folks. But for that money it better have EVERY single dang part come out of an old box in Ken's basement, and be built to the exact specs of a stellar original TW right on the bench next to it.
without ken's ears tuning it, it still wouldn't be a trainwreck. Ken's ears is what makes a trainwreck what it is. Without them it's just another clone.
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

peach wrote:As for the wiring, transformers, etc,...there are upgrades.
Peach
IIRC Ken had a buddy hold each uninstalled OT. He was able to determine which ones had the most mojo by their vibe.

I hope for 10K they have been checked for that little extra mojo :roll:
Blinkie

Post by Blinkie »

Fo me I have not come across ANYONE who had better ears than Ken's. Kenny had a gift that we often discussed and he could even hear things that you would be hard pressed to hear. He loved my Duane Allman Les Paul (at least it was good for a Les Paul but not better than Glen's). He heard a flutter of notes and he tried to get me to hear it but I couldn't no matter how much I concentrated. His gifts started when he was 13. He couldn't even listen to the radio because of all of the noise. He trained my ears and I have the same issue with the radio. Are mine better than his? NO...Are mine at least as good as his? NO...

I witnessed him voicing Komet amps by just turning it on without a guitar hooked up. He voiced by the frequency of the white noise.

Tall order in my book. If you play it and you like it then buy it as the Trainwreck website says but don't think it is a Trainwreck because Kenny died and Trainwreck died with him.

Is it possible? Yes..I guess

Even if you had all the parts and put it together it still ain't one because Kenny did not build and/or voice it.

The Z Wreck was built by Z who is a good man with very good ears. Kenny even said that his ears were very good but he STILL sent it to Kenny to finalize it. Paisley said in an interview that he sprinkled it with his gold dust and it came back unbelievable.

I don't know about these amps since I am not involved with the Fischer's anymore. I did what I needed to do for my friend who I miss terribly.

For am amp's claim to be better than Reality Check?

I really don't think it is possible. Kenny said himself that he could never build another amp like that one. Everything clicked with that one and there could never be another one.

If you like it..then buy it!
chimeboss

Catch 22

Post by chimeboss »

peach wrote:
"I just learned about this site a few months ago and decided to try a Liverpool Clone built by Allan. It's a phenominal amp, it blows my Komet 80 away."

Now there's a ringing endorsment... can you hear it?
Something aint right
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

dartanion wrote:
dayn wrote:
There was a desire to keep them alive for players, not millionaires.
$10,000?

You are correct sir!

The average player complains about boutique pricing on amps when they're over $2K. And you think players are going to pay $10K? Good luck with that folks.
Just be happy all you cats who use the word trainwreck in your amp sales arent taxed.
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

chimeboss wrote:
dartanion wrote:
dayn wrote: $10,000?

You are correct sir!

Just be happy all you cats who use the word trainwreck in your amp sales arent taxed.
Gee whiz Mr. Chimey! You mean if we were to do that we wouldn't have to pay taxes? :P
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
hairyandy

Post by hairyandy »

chimeboss wrote:
dartanion wrote:
dayn wrote: $10,000?

You are correct sir!

You're a f*ckin' tool...

Andy
mac0611

Re: Catch 22

Post by mac0611 »

chimeboss wrote,

"Just be happy all you cats who use the word trainwreck in your amp sales arent taxed."

dude, don't you have anything better to do? We build clones and correspond with each other to become better amp builders. Everyone who "gets it" on this site knows a clone is worthless compared to an original because Ken's ears didn't tune it, or decide that it even was close enough in the ballpark to tune it to perfection to begin with. You need to get over your man-crush on Ken.
2tone

KF

Post by 2tone »

Knowing Ken thru many years and hundreds if not a thousand conversations, my take is that he would NEVER want anyone to be producing his amps. Even if it were family involved/approved. I know some people helped him wire and build, but he always had the final listen/ adjustments before he would let the amp be sold with his a logo and signature on it. He personally told me many times that he didn't think anyone would do it justice the way he did. I know he would not want anyone building his amps, with the actual Trainwreck logo etc., and selling them without his final approval. He had lots of pride in his work, and never would allow anyone to build and sell one without his approval... I think cloning is fine, but to continue Ken's business without his say isn't respectful...
mac0611

Re: KF

Post by mac0611 »

2tone wrote:Knowing Ken thru many years and hundreds if not a thousand conversations, my take is that he would NEVER want anyone to be producing his amps. Even if it were family involved/approved. I know some people helped him wire and build, but he always had the final listen/ adjustments before he would let the amp be sold with his a logo and signature on it. He personally told me many times that he didn't think anyone would do it justice the way he did. I know he would not want anyone building his amps, with the actual Trainwreck logo etc., and selling them without his final approval. He had lots of pride in his work, and never would allow anyone to build and sell one without his approval... I think cloning is fine, but to continue Ken's business without his say isn't respectful...
thats right. Ken stated that he didn't mind us building clones for personal use and experimentation, which he gave his blessing for... He also clearly stated that he would be very unhappy if someone tried to sell amps with the trainwreck name on them. Ken and only Ken knew how he wanted his amps to sound.
chimeboss

Re: Catch 22

Post by chimeboss »

mac0611 wrote:chimeboss wrote,

dude, don't you have anything better to do? We build clones and correspond with each other to become better amp builders. Everyone who "gets it" on this site knows a clone is worthless compared to an original because Ken's ears didn't tune it, or decide that it even was close enough in the ballpark to tune it to perfection to begin with. You need to get over your man-crush on Ken.
Tell that to certain builders on this site who have a history of saying quite the opposite and have sold many amps under the radar using the Trainwreck mystique to their advantage.
Ken gave his blessing for those who built for personal use not for profit.

As to the man-crush on Ken- I think you all share that compulsion after all that's what drives this site.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Chimey, do you have anything at all to add to this forum? We all have enough people to screw with us in our personal lives. I don't think we need one more here....last warning!