HERESY???

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Allynmey
Site Admin

Re: HERESY???

Post by Allynmey »

chimeboss wrote:Look at it this way- "whos fooling who?"

Kenny is all about "tweak"

I highly doubt geetarpicker will post a gut pic of his wreck but if he does I'll eat my el34s!
Helpful in an ampbuilding forum :roll:

Allynmey
MooreCowbelle

Post by MooreCowbelle »

Allynmey, is there something we should know about chimeboss?
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Sorry for the rant MC, But he did join the day Rheingold and Rocket left or were booted. He picked up right where they left off immediately. He's been dogging any progress made on the site to help us along developing a working layout and amp that we can build for ourselves of a amp who in the words of KF is "an obsolete design" (read the Trainwreck and Komet site for the quote). I'd like to think we are here to build amps, tweak circuits, and share with others our findings. That was the spirit in which I posted pics of Francesca. I know others posted there contributions with that same spirit. We have a great bunch of guys here helping each other and I can think of only one presently that is diametrically opposed to our goal and his name is....Chimeboss (or Rheingold or Rocket or whoever he goes by now).

Allynmey
jaysg

Post by jaysg »

I had a conversation a few years back with Joe Gagan - an ampage guy. He received KF's advice on his product line. Paraphrasing, the advice was, "Don't get into modifying and tweaking for individuals. You end up with units that look the same, but aren't. When the next guy says, 'wow I heard one and I absolutely have to have one,' you won't which one he wants." That tells me that, a) KF did do some tweaks and mods, and b) he kind of regretted it.