First Express Build

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beasleybodyshop

Re: First Express Build

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Hans, It looks like your using a biscuit joint. Good stuff! it can be very strong. I just glued up my cab and used brad nails to hold the wood together while the glue set up. They do this on furniture all the time - I didn't have the patience to set up my dado blade and worry about my pieces fitting. I think what I did is going to be strong enough for what it is.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
ampmike

spray

Post by ampmike »

Hans,Did you spray the shellac?Im guessing you did,I have a HVLP but have only tried using one product that I was not happy with.I would like to try some new finishes and yours looks super!!!!Mikey
Custom Built Amps for Sale!http://faithamps.weebly.com/
beasleybodyshop

Mike, I have had good luck with thinning down brushing lacquer to spray through my HVLP. All the retarder in it makes it dry super slow, so if you aren't in a very clean setup it can get trash in it, but it flows super smooth after it sets up.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
beasleybodyshop

Update: Ordered some Edcor iron from RJ. Most of the internals are all wired up.

On another note, I took some of that scrap Paduak from my cab I built and made some pens. Top pen is purpleheart from another head cab im building.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beasleybodyshop

Update: my transformers from RJ came in a few days ago. I have almost everything wired up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.