Wire polarity?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Structo

Re: Wire polarity?

Post by Structo »

Heheheh, while I do believe there are things in this world that we truly cannot explain, some of these tall tales invoke a certain mystique to "the grail" amplifiers.

I wonder if Leo Fender consulted the stars when he built his famed Bassman amp. Sure he did not envision guitar players plugging into it and form a smile on their faces. :D

Perhaps there are people that are so gifted that they can sense nuiances that we mere mortals can only scoff at.

One thing that is for sure is that there are/ were people (men) that had a passion for their designs and made some awesome amps.

Those of you in the Dumble camp are probably aware of a few dogs out there that did not perform exceptionally well.
And Ken himself said some of his amps were just "OK" but there are a few out there that just came together right and shine. 8)

Kind of like guitars, they are the sum of their parts. Sometimes the right parts just come together for an exceptional instrument.

Or like when I worked on hot rod Chevy's in the 70's, there were a couple engines that regardless if you assembled them the same way each time, where one just ran smoother, developed more horsepower and just sang when opened up. :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
tubeswell

Re: Wire polarity?

Post by tubeswell »

Well thanks everyone for a free and frank discussion.

In my defence, being new to TW concepts, I honestly wondered whether Mr F might've known something bordering on worthwhile/out of the ordinary, but in retrospect on review, I "sensed" that there were other mystical leanings in that book. And the author did seem to cover his lack of technical knowledge in places with bluster and BS (fortunate as he was to interview the peeps he did). I reserve the right to retain my skepticism and to ponder the credibility of the written word