Xits X10 = liverpool half power?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rooster

Re: Xits X10 = liverpool half power?

Post by rooster »

Back story on buying an amp you want to clone and can't afford it. And this is a true story. A friend I knew who was also into amps and building/repairing them became enamored with the Dumble amp. The year was 1997. He found one, a 1/12 combo in brown suede and Vox grill covering: Price: $3600. He wasn't rich, didn't have the cash or savings for it, but he figured he could clone it and then sell it. So he used a credit card and bought it. Two months later I had a chance to play both amps and, noodling for a few minutes with a Strat into both amps I told him I couldn't tell the difference playing into the same speaker (the one in the Dumble combo cab). And I couldn't. I asked him, what was he going to do with the Dumble and he said sell it right away, he couldn't afford to keep it. Repeat: He couldn't afford to keep it.

There's a few lessons to draw from this story. The harshest one is that history tells us he made a $50,000+ mistake by not keeping that Dumble. The best one is that he had the opportunity to personally dissect and clone - for himself - the Dumble circuit. In hindsight, a priceless experience for two months of credit card interest, IMO. YMMV.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

mush wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:14 pm I forgot to ask what speakers are preferred with the X10?
Greenbacks or the like.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
mush

Post by mush »

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a circuit for the Xits X50 you could share with me?

I've asked before, but I really want to build one, so I'm asking again. I looked on Reverb and can't afford the $5,000 or so that is typically being asked.

Xits is obviously defunct and I cannot find Mike Koski to buy an amp or a schematic.

Does anyone have his user name or contact information?

I know it's based the Vox AC50, but Mr. Koski has woven some magic into the circuit and made it especially his. It seems like the amp and tone I've been dreaming of since I was a kid. It's absolutely beautiful. Below is a link of what it can do.

Thank you all and best wishes. - M

music begins at 40 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzCk_1bQmqg