Komet 60 Schematic...Accurate ?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Re: Komet 60 Schematic...Accurate ?

Post by M Fowler »

Call Heyboer and ask for replacement transformer set.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

M Fowler wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:39 pm Call Heyboer and ask for replacement transformer set.
I have good word that a Komet 60 replacement OT would be either "a bit larger than the Express OT" and that "other variants exist". Any details on the ideal Komet 60 transformer replacements? Thanks.
Just plug it in, man.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ask Allynmey, he know the numbers.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I have built a few of these and sold them and I know the data is accurate because the guy that originally ordered these transformers spec'd everything out and I have ordered from Heyboer many times.

Ask for Komet 60 Transformers

PT: HTS-8593 9960642 RH-365

OT: HTS-5526-1 5k8 9960642

Choke: HTS-7750-1 10H/200mA 9960641

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Good stuff Mark.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Mr. Lime

Post by Mr. Lime »

Does anyone know if the Komet Aero 33 has the same preamp circuit as the K60?
Dave Hunter's "The Guitar Amp Handbook" describes the Aero a little bit and the gut shot looks quite similar..
ScarecrowAmp

Post by ScarecrowAmp »

Hi, I’m new. Would love to get some schematics on the Komet for a build I want to do.

Jason.Webb.guitar@gmail.com
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

If you look through the thread, on page 4, there's a link to the actual schematic.

Then the next few pages are people teasing people asking for the schematic to be emailed to them, when it's already on the thread :D

This is one of the problems with the forum, it's full of posts that have 17 pages of comments, but on page #(some number much higher than 1) is the detail needed.

I wish I had time to go through all of them and find the specific information and either move it to the first post OR create a new thread for some of this stuff.

Basically use the "Google Search" tool BELOW your username in the top right and it usually does a pretty good job. In this case it gave me page 3 of this thread which has the comment that the schematics heaven link is correct EXCEPT that schematics heaven seems to be a dead link that goes to spamware attempting to get you to install garbage. At any rate, the actual PDF is on page 4 as noted.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ScarecrowAmp

Post by ScarecrowAmp »

Ha! Egg on my face!

Thanks, I appreciate the lookout. I’ll be sure to post some pics as the build progresses.
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

I would like to see to please
Gressjj <at> gmail <dot> com
ampbldr2

Post by ampbldr2 »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:17 pm If you look through the thread, on page 4, there's a link to the actual schematic.

Then the next few pages are people teasing people asking for the schematic to be emailed to them, when it's already on the thread :D

This is one of the problems with the forum, it's full of posts that have 17 pages of comments, but on page #(some number much higher than 1) is the detail needed.

I wish I had time to go through all of them and find the specific information and either move it to the first post OR create a new thread for some of this stuff.

Basically use the "Google Search" tool BELOW your username in the top right and it usually does a pretty good job. In this case it gave me page 3 of this thread which has the comment that the schematics heaven link is correct EXCEPT that schematics heaven seems to be a dead link that goes to spamware attempting to get you to install garbage. At any rate, the actual PDF is on page 4 as noted.

~Phil
I am thinking there is a layout along with the schematic?
If so I would like to see it.
CharacterZero

Post by CharacterZero »

passfan wrote: Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 pm
PCollen wrote:
M Fowler wrote:The schematic that the ampgarage guys came up with is accurate.
That's good news, M. Fowler. Many thanks. Now if you can point me to that Komet 60 schematic I'd really appreciate it, as I'll be damned if I can find it on this web-site. I see Rocket, Liverpool, and Express info but no Komet.
Pop your email address up here and someone will be along to email you the whole package shortly. Schematics, layouts, bom, card layouts, everything. It's just not kosher to post it here permanently out of courtesy to Komet. It's being passed through email to those that ask.

If I could get a copy, I would appreciate it. Thanks. :D
parktyle@gmail.com
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Please read the post I made that was also quoted two posts ago...

I don't know of a layout. If you have the schematic, you should be able to create a layout from it, if you really want to build this amp. Sorry but I don't know if there is a layout and I don't necessarily want to go digging deep into threads

a quick search with the 'google search' bar up above the top of the page here ( not the very top search, that's the built in forum search and it sucks)

I found this thread:

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30635

that has pictures of the amp, so you can at least use that to base the 'layout' on or copy?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

It's on page 12 in this thread by Allenmey. The file is titled "Asteroid Layout...".
Just plug it in, man.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »