European component sources

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

BlueDragon

European component sources

Post by BlueDragon »

Where do you European guys , buy your components ?
I buy from Tubes.it , Tubetown.de but i buy most from Mouser because they have almost everything at excellent prices!
Tubes.it and Tubetown have good prices but they aren´t a good source for resistors ! :(
Also bought once from Hoffman ( a little pricey ) and Antique Electronic Supply ( good source but don´t like handling charges and tube matching fees ) ...

Well where do you buy your stuff ? I want to find a good European source for resistors and i can´t find one ! I want to avoid customs because they delay the delivery time a lot !

Here´s some tips ! I just bought 20 ceramic sockets for my future projects , novals at 0,76€ and octals at 1€ !! :D Only 5€ transport for all Europe .
http://www.audiotriodes.com/
If you are going to buy something from Tubes.it , don´t forget to buy Chicken Head knobs at 0.96€ ! :wink:

Please post your sources and tips here , thanks !
Learning every day ...
BlueDragon

Re: European component sources

Post by BlueDragon »

Ok ! No Europeans around here !

Do you know were i can find a source for teflon wire and shielded wire in Europe .
Thanks ! :wink:
Learning every day ...
hbamp

Post by hbamp »

Hello,

Check This one.
http://www.verelec.com/

BTW a nice source for good teflon wire are old computers.

Henk,

www.hbamps.nl
Dutch hand build amps
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Well ... i have a serious problem !
I can´t find a good source for 1/2W metal film resitors in Europe ! Can you believe that !!!!! :(
I found alot of places selling 1/4W at excellent prices , but they don´t have 1/2W !!! Damn !
I don´t want to buy at mouser everytime i need a some resistors ... the transport fees are not high but waiting 1 month to arrive , drives me crazy ! :roll:

www.TubeTown.de and www.Tubes.it are excellent souces for components but not for resistors , too expensive and they don´t have metal film .
Learning every day ...
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

Yeah, I hate it when these tiny issues hamper an amp build. For my first few builds, postage costs on so many little bits soon built up, too.

I should declare a vested interest first: I'm launching www.ampmaker.com for European amp builders later this summer. Funnily Rs and Cs - being so easy to get from other sources - were some of the last things I was planning to add. :roll:

But I might be able to help you out now (as a 1-off goodwill thing) if you let me know the quantities and values you need. Caveat: I am carrying 0.6W and 1W metal films, not 0.5W :) And - assuming that we're talking about Rs for the one amp, you can have them for free.

Drop me an email: loverockerNO@SPAMfirstmail.com - taking out the CAPS part
ODwan

Post by ODwan »

Hello!

http://www.musikding.de has 0,6W metalfilm resistors. It's agood source for some other parts to, but serves more of the stompboxbuilders. They ship in Europe too at reasonable prices.

@ loverocker: your shop seems very promising! watch out for my order!
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

Thanks ODwan ! It´s an excellent source for stompbox components and the prices are very , very good ! VTL5C1 at 5,50€ it´s the lowest price i ever seen !!! I will buy here some materials for the Stompbox projects that i´m doing .
The metal fim resistors type 0207 their max. voltage is 350V , it´s a little risky to use them on amps , i think !

Well ... i still need to find metal film resistors for amps , but thanks !
Learning every day ...
Vince

Post by Vince »

BlueDragon wrote:Thanks ODwan ! It´s an excellent source for stompbox components and the prices are very , very good ! VTL5C1 at 5,50€ it´s the lowest price i ever seen !!! I will buy here some materials for the Stompbox projects that i´m doing .
The metal fim resistors type 0207 their max. voltage is 350V , it´s a little risky to use them on amps , i think !

Well ... i still need to find metal film resistors for amps , but thanks !
http://www.farnell.com/

Vince