Express Tones On-Record

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

PCollen

Express Tones On-Record

Post by PCollen »

Besides Glen K's excellent examples of TW Express tones, are there any other recordings of which it can be said: THAT is a TW Express being played ?
Lonely Raven

Re: Express Tones On-Record

Post by Lonely Raven »

I asked this a few years ago, one that came out that I just *knew* was an Express...Bryan Adams. I don't know the album, but I heard some tunes on the radio and I thought - wow, that sounds just like Glen's 'Wreck! And in my old thread, someone said Bryan Adams.
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
PCollen

Post by PCollen »

Lonely Raven wrote:I asked this a few years ago, one that came out that I just *knew* was an Express...Bryan Adams. I don't know the album, but I heard some tunes on the radio and I thought - wow, that sounds just like Glen's 'Wreck! And in my old thread, someone said Bryan Adams.
I think both Brad Paisley and Keith Urban have TW heads in their back-line, but I think they are just for show..never played thorugh. Neither have much OD in their music.
PCollen

Post by PCollen »

Lonely Raven wrote:I asked this a few years ago, one that came out that I just *knew* was an Express...Bryan Adams. I don't know the album, but I heard some tunes on the radio and I thought - wow, that sounds just like Glen's 'Wreck! And in my old thread, someone said Bryan Adams.
You mean this one... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq909alK ... ure=fvwrel
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

PCollen wrote:
I think both Brad Paisley and Keith Urban have TW heads in their back-line, but I think they are just for show..never played thorugh. Neither have much OD in their music.
I'm not so sure about that....I saw Brad at an outdoor festival in Gainesville Fla. a few years back and he did the baddest mf'n version of Zeps "Whole Lotta Love" you ever heard...It sure sounded like a wreck to me. I have seen Paisely 4 times in concert and although its impossible to know for sure which amps he uses for what, I believe he probably uses 'ol Hattie Mae for most of his big "love song" solos as well. Maybe someone else knows for sure.... :)
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

Also check out the Brad Paisely album "Play". I've got a hunch that his Liverpool is all over that thing as well. Quite possibly the best IMHO guitar album in years. :)
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Thanks for the plug!

FYI in just the last week or so I finally got my 1st CD listed on Itunes!
My 2nd CD is in the works but it will be while before it's completed.

Glen Kuykendall
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Thanks for the update Glen.

Great CD looking forward to the 2nd.

Mark
Richie

Post by Richie »

COOL :D
rdjones

Post by rdjones »

Big Jim wrote:Also check out the Brad Paisely album "Play". I've got a hunch that his Liverpool is all over that thing as well. Quite possibly the best IMHO guitar album in years. :)
"Cliffs of Rock City" !

rd
Tone_Chaser

Post by Tone_Chaser »

I read an interview with Brad around the time that Play came out and he said that all of the dirty tones on Play was the Liverpool.
Barry
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »