My X10 has begun

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

pamaz67

Re: My X10 has begun

Post by pamaz67 »

there are differences, but I have been asked not to publish them. Therefore, sorry but I can't disclose the real schemo....
what i can say is that BTW I have made 3 different amps based more or less on this x10, and I can tell you that for my tastes, the original schematic can be improved quite a bit, both on the tone control setting range, than in the gain, that for my personal taste is really too much in the original version.
Paolo
Ciao from Italy.
Paolo
rooster

Post by rooster »

pamaz67 - Only one question for you. Have you learned anything from this site that helped you build amps? If you have then maybe consider a few suggestions to correct the current x10 schem. You don't have to be exact but, then again, consider the 'pay it forward' thing that goes on here and at least make a more specific suggestion or at least a ballpark value in the areas of gain and the tone stack then.

Just sayin.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
pamaz67

Post by pamaz67 »

rooster, I've a gentleman agreement with somebody that has been so kind to forward me a copy of that schematic.
And probably is somebody that is reading us just now.
As I told in PM to Arjepsen. I don't have any problem in sharing my own mods. The only problem is that I don't have a scanner and I have to find one, so to post that.
But please don't insist on the x10 schemo.
Paolo
Ciao from Italy.
Paolo
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

I'm getting closer to being finished. I just need to sand and oil the front valance, so it matches the outer shell, and get a front plate made but I'm still not sure if I want to keep the VVR (still have a radio-frequency pick up with it - I know which wire it is, and want to reroute the wires going to-from the VVR and twist them to hopefully get rid of that issue). Once i decide on the VVR its face-plate time...I did make some more mods since a couple months back. Sounds great.

[img:1002:600]http://chicagocadcam.com/ChrisHahn/xen10/Xen10cab.jpg[/img]
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Nice looking cab hope the amp works properly for you.

Mark
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

Now that the weather has finally been warm and I'm actually home and not travelling for work I got some time to put a couple more coats on. After this I'm going to drill the holes, mount the chassis and feet, and get serious about a faceplate...anyway its been fun and sounds great. Here's a couple hand-held photos...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Very nice did you whittle down a faceplate from the same wood?
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

No. I am going to go with something metal like anodized laser cut from BP lasers or a local place in Chicago...I have been so busy I haven't even designed one yet, and honestly, I am debating installing the presonance, or the VVR that I removed again, so I'm not quite final. Isn't that the way it goes???
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yes! And that looks beautiful!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
DaveMon

Post by DaveMon »

I like how your heater wires run straight from the twist to the connections, without any "curving/looping" Do you always do this? Do you recomend this technique? Any issues with hum since they run and inch or two laying over each other? Just curious....looks like an operating room in there! Very nice
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

Yes. And i believe the current runs in opposing directions so it is EMF cancelling, kindof. This amp has basically nil for hum. She is quiet.