Help with finalizing Layout!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Allynmey
Site Admin

Help with finalizing Layout!

Post by Allynmey »

Hi everyone! I'm about to finalize my layout and drill and mount my Power Supply Board for my 'wreck and I need some advice before drilling. I've included a couple of pics. Everything but the power supply board is drilled and set and fits nicely. Before I drill the holes and permanently mount the power supply, I'd like some of the experienced guys here to see if my layout has any inherant issues. ie. Power caps too close to output tubes, OT too close to power section etc. Ignore the wires and mounting bolts as they are all temporary. I'd like to get this one built this week and fire it up next weekend. I'll post pics and maybe clips if I can get it done by the weekend...maybe the clips will wait a week. Thanks for all your help.

Allynmey

P.S. if you need any other views to see better...let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elcabong

Re: Help with finalizing Layout!

Post by Elcabong »

It is hard to say, Wrecks tend to be crowdy; I do not see how you could do much better in the space available. Notice that I have not build a Wreck (yet) but I am usually more concerned by the preamp layout.

Looking forward to hear your build!
Chris G

wire it up!!!

Post by Chris G »

Allynmey,
Here is a shot of my liverpool clone.......not noisey at all!!!
thanks !!
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

wow thats a big a$$$ picture...........what did i do wrong??????
chris :shock:
oggidog

Resized and changed to .jpg

Post by oggidog »

How about this instead?
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

oggidog , i can´t see the pic ... :(
Learning every day ...
oggidog

Post by oggidog »

It's there on my PC. Scroll to the middle. I use Irfanview software, it's free and simple to use. You can resize, change file type (in this case .bmp to .jpg), also if you're dealing with a number of graphic files it has a cool thumbnail feature that lets you preview an image before opening it.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

That layout looks great to me. With the room you have it wouldn't really matter if it wasn't a good layout. 8^)
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

I´m a little curious about TWreck , is there some known problems about noise or something like that ?
I´ve build a 18Watt and having the tremolo working at 100% was really a pain in the *** ! My High Octane , i´m still debugging it , is working fine but at maximum makes the "zzzzz" noise ! I don´t like that and i´m trying to erradicate it .
What are the most known problems on building a Twreck ?

By the way .... it´s a good looking amp ! Nice pic .
Learning every day ...
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

Wire layout can be critical in the wreck, because it's designed on the edge of instability and can oscillate quite easily.