Thanks Ampdoc for "Kelly"

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Robert

Thanks Ampdoc for "Kelly"

Post by Robert »

Ampdoc,

Thanks for sharing that sweet girl "Kelly"! May she rest comfortably in the files schematic section for all to recreate and enjoy.

Robert
Mark

Re: Thanks Ampdoc for "Kelly"

Post by Mark »

Dear Robert

You are quite correct in thanking Ampdoc. Too many people sit on the information thinking talking about it all won't be beneficial.

If Trainwreck prices are anything to go by, there is no harm at all, and the amp prices have increased.

Anyway, I don't want this to become some sort of rant, so I'll stop here. :wink:
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

There's lots of useful info here and at the old board. All the keys to a killer clone have been given. The trick for the novice is sorting through the chaff. There's no way to really make that any easier. A person needs to try things and see what works. People that want all the "secrets" handed to them will never be happy. For example, it's been mentioned several times that 1 meg was the correct value for the treble and bass pots on a Wreck yet people choose not to believe that for whatever reason and stick with the 250k pots. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. There was great info surfaced here recently about the routing, length and positioning of signal wires. This is actually way more important to a successful build than paralleling caps and some of the other stuff that gets beat to death. It's all here, a person just needs to pay attention.
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

You're most welcome,..I hope these drawings are helpful. However, one thing I just noticed is that the computer generated drawings do not print out full size. (The preamp board should be 9.2"x2.2"; the power supply 3.6"x4.2") Keep in mind that the background grid is 1/10" and it should be easy to replicate the spacing.

David Hicks
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

Hey Dave

Like these guys I wanted to say thanks - I'm really glad to see some definitive info on the scene...

Dave
ServiceTech

Post by ServiceTech »

Thanks again David! Very informative!

Sincerely,

Ross