nice day

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Scumback Speakers

Re:

Post by Scumback Speakers »

I just received this from Bill Burgess, aka garlin...

Hello,
I was hoping to get you opinion on something please.
I was banned from ampgarage and as one of the people I assume would be most pleased with this, I am really curious.
From what you may know about my posts (good or bad), do you think this a proper move and I deserve it or do you not have an opinion?
Thanks,
Sincerly,
garlin

What the hell, an exit poll for trolls, or what? :roll: So this is what I wrote back to him.

Bill/garlin,
What the hell, an exit poll for trolls, or what? Look, you posted as you did for whatever reasons you felt necessary. If you got banned you must have pissed a whole bunch more people off than I have because I’ve never been permanently banned.

Time to look inside yourself and figure out why you post the way you do, you’re the only one who knows.

In the meantime, though, you did a good enough job of it to have enough members at TAG ask you to be banned.

I wasn’t one of them, nor do I really care one way or the other if you’re there or not. Sorry, your posts didn’t have that big of an impact or effect on me, or my business. But your last “apology” thread was just plain fucking insulting and you know it.

That I’m sure was the last straw, whatever you did before that.

Forums are not a bastion for “freedom of speech”. They’re privately owned/run, and you either abide by their rules you agreed to, and try not to be an ahole or you’re gone. It’s as simple as that. You just plain pissed too many people off there.

You have my opinion, I wasn’t one of the members with the pitch fork and the torch that got you tossed.
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
passfan

Re:

Post by passfan »

Lucky guy you are. :lol:
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
JazzGuitarGimp

Re:

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

I have an opinion (even though Garlin didn't ask me), but I will refrain from posting it. When it became obvious there would be no reasoning with this guy, I decided to refrain from responding to everything he were to post in the future. I think the best way to make someone feel unwelcome is to just ignore him. And, assuming he was being truthful when he told you he had been banned from amp garage, it now would appear that every move he made here was a calculated move, aimed at achieving the exact result his actions begat.
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
garlin

Re:

Post by garlin »

[quote]But your last “apology” thread was just plain fucking insulting and you know it. [/quote]

Yes, you're right. But in honesty, I don't think I'm great - I know about the great players. More honesty - I really want people to think I get good tone and therefore watch or listen to my clips. I never pretend I'm going to impress anybody with fancy playing - that's a distraction from sound. This is my belief and it's wrong to call me arrogant and egotistical for that. Here's where I'm out of line: I'm f__king angry. It is my immaturity to heap it all over ampgarage - I know that. But I WANTED to insult those that make me angry and I know that is a real problem. It doesn't really help does it?
I know I've cried wolf already but I'm being sincere. I have an anger management problem and I can't use the excuse of thinking I have a good reason to be angry to be what I know is offensive. If I didn't really care about guitar amps etc. I wouldn't be writing this. My whole life has been guitars and amps etc. for 50 years and there's no point if everybody shuns you. So I have to learn a lesson or just sell everything and travel.

Here's what I don't understand: I've asked the administrators to purge/delete my profile and make it so I can't log on but they refuse. They won't even give me a reason. This to me is as egregious as what I've done. Wouldn't anybody want the right to have their profile deleted and membership cancelled? What's the problem with that?
M Fowler

Re:

Post by M Fowler »

But if the real agenda behind ampgarage is to sell clone parts (I'm not saying it is but I don't know)
Oh no you discovered the big secret, what are we going to do now?

Mark "Badass Tone" Fowler
Teleguy61

Re:

Post by Teleguy61 »

Um, I don't think anger management is the poster's only issue.

I can't edit this vid, but in your mind's ear, change "Tag" to "Garlin":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4I-NmeXS4

Nuff said.
I'm done.
JazzGuitarGimp

Re:

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Teleguy61 wrote:Um, I don't think anger management is the poster's only issue.

Nuff said.
I'm done.
Oh my GOD - THANK YOU! That was the best laugh I've had in a while!

"Did I tell you I'm taking a home equity loan on my house, to buy a real Dumble for 55,000 bucks? I hope to get it in time for my next gig at the local bar. We just learned Mustang Sally. Can you imagine, how awesome that song is going to sound, with my new Dumble amp?"

Holy Moly, that's good clean fun!
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
cbass

Re:

Post by cbass »

Teleguy61 wrote:Um, I don't think anger management is the poster's only issue.

Nuff said.
I'm done.
that is the funniest thingi ever saw
Allynmey
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Allynmey »

Garlin will not be down for breakfast..... 8)
Teleguy61

Re:

Post by Teleguy61 »

Allynmey wrote:Garlin will not be down for breakfast..... 8)
:mrgreen:
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Re:

Post by LeftyStrat »

And the buzzy tones subside.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Reeltarded

Re:

Post by Reeltarded »

Happy? No. Better off. Yep, for sure. What a disruptive bunch of crap.
shaunf

Re:

Post by shaunf »

Guys,

Please accept my sincere apologies for ever having posted my clip in the first place. The last thing I ever thought would happen or wanted was for you all to have to endure this character's ranting, and as the catalyst for the whole thing, please know that I regret it deeply and consider myself schooled in that
I should have realized that not everyone is able to simply recognize and accept things for what they are, but rather assume they are something else they were never intended to be.

Regards,
Shaun
Tillydog

Re:

Post by Tillydog »

shaunf wrote:Guys,

Please accept my sincere apologies for ever having posted my clip in the first place.
Absolutely not necessary for me. At all. Ever. In the slightest. No way.

It is down to people keeping their replies polite and constructive which didn't happen here.

Dude, you were ambushed.

Andy
ToneMerc

Re:

Post by ToneMerc »

shaunf wrote:Guys,

Please accept my sincere apologies for ever having posted my clip in the first place. The last thing I ever thought would happen or wanted was for you all to have to endure this character's ranting, and as the catalyst for the whole thing, please know that I regret it deeply and consider myself schooled in that
I should have realized that not everyone is able to simply recognize and accept things for what they are, but rather assume they are something else they were never intended to be.

Regards,
Shaun
No need to apologize, after all this is an amp builders forum. :)

Seeing that circus just proves to me even more that there should be a standing order to shoot clowns on sight!

However, watching that TKT/ Gearpage parity clip may have made all the foolishness worth it.

TM