Output Transformer Wiring

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

straycat

Output Transformer Wiring

Post by straycat »

I am getting ready to wire up my Paul Ruby output transformer and have a wiring question. It only has a Primary Impedance 5200 connection with a color coded wires of Green ,Blue, and Purple . Paul Ruby said that the blue is the CT and that the plate leads are the purple and green.Which tube socket do the purple and geen wires go to. Does the green go V4 and the purple V5?

I have a chassis and I think the holes were punched wrong for the standby and power swicthes.With the trasformers considered the top of the chassis the switches are in the power on when the swiches are in the down position is this correct? I thought switches were always on in the up position. If the down position is wrong I will have to ground the small lug out of the hole to correct this.

I have alot more respect for you guys who build alot of amps.This is slow and tedious work building amps.Only doing this in my spare time a little at time hope to have it done soon. Thanks for the help!!
Elcabong

Re: Output Transformer Wiring

Post by Elcabong »

I do not know the wiring for this specific OT but it is nothing to worry about. If the amp howls when you first start it, you reverse the leads.

The North American standard is to have the switches on when they are in the up position. I know that early Marshall had it the way around.
unklmickey

Re: Output Transformer Wiring

Post by unklmickey »

the nice thing about using a SPDT when you only need a SPST....

you can choose which direction is on.