A new girl is born!!!!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: A new girl is born!!!!

Post by HeeBGB »

Still I feel you have become collateral damage and I am sorry for that.

We are still going at it via FB messages BTW. I am truly floored at how stupid he is.
eniam rognab

Post by eniam rognab »

hey redshark

cool amp, great demo!

thanks for sharing!!
redshark

Post by redshark »

Thanks man!!

The demo is to show the amp goes from clean to sustaining feedback without touching anything but the guitar controls. That is the main quality of the express.
The demo is not about my playing as I wrote it before. Kinda sad story, I was a better player but since jan 2011 I've been suffering from an autoinmune disease that has killed my hands. Raynaud's syndrome and "mechanic hands" are parts of my chronic disease which leads to cold and numb fingers and skin dying in the fingertips, inflammation kinda like arthritis. Very painful so I don't play as I used to.

Oh well, knowing people like him makes me realize that he is more sick in his mind and soul that I am in my body. :(
Last edited by redshark on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCK

Post by MCK »

redshark wrote:Kinda sad story, I was a better player but since jan 2011 I've been suffering from an autoinmune disease that has killed my hands. Raynaud's syndrome and "mechanic hands" are parts of my chronic disease which leads to cold and numb fingers and skin dying in the fingertips, inflammation kinda like arthritis. Very painful so I don't play as I used to.
That is why is so annoying having arrogant douche bag like Bill Burgess saying his playing when he was 10 was better than mine without knowing what is behind it.
Very sorry to hear of your suffering. I have a teenager daughter who is struggling with various autoimmune diseases for the last 2 years so I know very well what it must be like for you. I hope you find some relief soon. Keep doing what you like and don't care about what anyone says. Your passion for these amplifiers and the story behind them is commendable. Keep well.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

MCK wrote:
redshark wrote:Kinda sad story, I was a better player but since jan 2011 I've been suffering from an autoinmune disease that has killed my hands. Raynaud's syndrome and "mechanic hands" are parts of my chronic disease which leads to cold and numb fingers and skin dying in the fingertips, inflammation kinda like arthritis. Very painful so I don't play as I used to.
That is why is so annoying having arrogant douche bag like Bill Burgess saying his playing when he was 10 was better than mine without knowing what is behind it.
Very sorry to hear of your suffering. I have a teenager daughter who is struggling with various autoimmune diseases for the last 2 years so I know very well what it must be like for you. I hope you find some relief soon. Keep doing what you like and don't care about what anyone says. Your passion for these amplifiers and the story behind them is commendable. Keep well.
Screw Burgess he is an ass. Sorry about TAG members having so much problems take away from the fun we used to have. My playing is almost done the arthritis and carpal tunnel make it very difficult to get clean chording. I have acquired a Peavey Power Slide and have a lap steel with legs, might try become the next blues rocking slide player, yeah right. :lol:

Mark
cbass

Post by cbass »

That sucks red, my fingerpickin pretty much done I couldn't even hold a pick for a long time guess its payback for being a tough guy.
My left hand is OK but I broke my finger the other day hope it heels better than the ones one the right.
redshark

Post by redshark »

MCK, Mark and cbass thanks, I know that I'm not alone. Not easy to deal with diseases that affect hands if guitar is your passion but that is why we have amps and TAG!! Building an amp and play it even if playing is painful is something that I appreciate and love!!

:D
Last edited by redshark on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Sorry to hear about your hand problems. Like others,i too fall into that category. We must all be paddling in the same boat.

4 surgeries on the left hand/fingers,thumb,joints,
3 on the right hand/fingers. Probably need more, just don't know if they are worth it.

I just figure if they [fingers] all quit working, i'll learn to play slide. Just hard to hold a pick, or should say drop a pick easy..:) Been trying to get some of it back.
redshark

Post by redshark »

Yes, it sucks to have hand problems being a guitar player....

This is a pic of my right hand last winter, see the inflammation and the dead skin on the finger tips.... :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kwijabo

Post by kwijabo »

the fact that you've built really nice amps and can still play like you do makes it all the more impressive.
donzoid

Post by donzoid »

Hi Red, I was looking at your build (very nice and clean) and was wondering what is the purpose of the resistor you have at valve 1 pin 2? I've seen this on a few other's builds but not on the traditional layouts from Ron Worley, or others. What is the purpose (must be tone change?). Thanks, Don
https://www.facebook.com/trialbyfirerocks

Be sure your tinfoil hat has a good low impedance ground.
redshark

Post by redshark »

That is a 820 ohm resistor. It is used to stop oscillations and it warms up the tone a little bit (at least to my ears). It is very common to find in newer Liverpools (original from Ken Fischer) and yes it is on V1pin2. A lot of guys had oscillation problems and use a shielded wire instead of the regular solid core going from that pin to the volume control but I rathered use the grid resistor fix. That's all!!

I will record a new demo of the amp once it gets warmer and my fingers are better.
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

Red: Youch! Man, I thought my painful joints were bad (in the fingers, not the clip). So here I am counting blessings.
redshark

Post by redshark »

Yes, ouch!! my joints are swollen but not painful!! but those fingertips are very sensitive and superpainful!! Good thing is that it happens only on my right hand tips but the inflammation of the joints still happens in both hands!! :(
sepulchre

Post by sepulchre »

You have my sympathies, bud. I hope you can find some sort of treatment for it.