Express Clone With Howling Feedback - HELP!!!!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

vibratoking

Re: Express Clone With Howling Feedback - HELP!!!!

Post by vibratoking »

Glenn, you were extremely helpful and accomodating to the OP. Good on you for staying optimistic with him. IMO, he was treating you and others with disrespect. So I called him on it and ruffled his feathers. My lack of patience with the OP is what moved the whole thing in a southerly direction. That's when he imploded. I have mixed feelings about my posts, but I thinks it's ultimatley better for the forum.
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

A guy like that needs to implode, IMO. I personally appreciate your contribution, VK. It's not hard being calm and composed and appreciative when people are trying to help out. That guy needs to have his head surgically removed from his arse.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

So when did TAG become a Wing Nut Magnet?
We were just getting over Airbloom, and bs636 shows.
Ya don't think...............................?
overtone

Post by overtone »

vibratoking wrote: I have mixed feelings about my posts, but I thinks it's ultimatley better for the forum.
I always appreciate your outrightness - if that is the right term.
Bodenständig ist what they call it round these parts.
I may not always agree with you, but it is great to see different views of the mountain.
tony
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

Bugger - I missed it.
The day job has got to go.
Top secret & incomprehensible though it may be.
Nah - I'm just a dumbass learning stuff from you lot.
:D
Why Aye Man
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

When I play my Express really loud, everyone complains about how loud it is. And also, it makes it sound like I have no talent whatsoever. What could be wrong?
Richie

Post by Richie »

I've been on quite a few amp forums. Sometimes its hard to give advice on how to repair,or what to check. Then sometimes the person may be getting hit from every direction with what to try. Doesn't matter if you are EE to whatever.

I'm sure like some posted, just because it was fine one second,and not fine the next. If you build amps, and repair amps, then you will see anything can happen. You can check an amp to be working perfect, then button it up, put it back in the cab, now something is happening.

Just because its a new part, don't think it can be that. It can. You may finish an amp, no hum. Turn it on again, its humming. Brand new cap is bad. or the worst, its intermittent. Hard to catch it when it happens.

Also what I see is, people take the time to offer a suggestion. And the person say they don't know how it could be that. Or sometimes you may look over a miswiring change, or wrong value resistor 100 times. It may take a second set of eyes to spot it in 2 seconds. It happens.

This can also lead to many people,with years of experience that helped scores of people, step back and wonder why waste their time.

And last for an example,even though its not an amp. My girls car would not start. Or it would start and die. Check everything, fuel pump not coming on. Check relays to safety switches.
Car turns over great, just won't start. Take it to a repair shop. They too seem to think its the fuel pump. Nope, some wiring under the seat.
Ok car is fixed, starts etc.. bring it home, now its not starting and battery is dead. Jump it and charge battey, it starts fine.
But something is draining the battery.
Battery checks good. Now, unrelated to the other problem, but still acting like the same problem,is a bad relay. Replace it, now all is good.
So see you just never know what can go bad or change.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

HeeBGB wrote:Crap I must be sleeping on the job. I didn't see this until the OP emailed me a request to delete his account.

Did someone say Garlin or Gary Moore (of Moore Amplification) 3x or something. This quote is total Gary Moore
...I have a degree in electrical engineering and have worked as a systems engineer for over 30 years on classified systems you couldn't even comprehend.

Those systems can't be but so secret;he loves plastering his full name, location and hobbies around the internet and seems to love to brag about working on classified projects.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/52144 ... ngs-2.html

TM
MCK

Post by MCK »

Hah hah. Thanks for sharing. Seems like he is not making friends there either and got to love it when someone gets all worked up with this stuff...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showp ... stcount=20
Blackburn

Post by Blackburn »

ToneMerc wrote:
HeeBGB wrote:Crap I must be sleeping on the job. I didn't see this until the OP emailed me a request to delete his account.

Did someone say Garlin or Gary Moore (of Moore Amplification) 3x or something. This quote is total Gary Moore
...I have a degree in electrical engineering and have worked as a systems engineer for over 30 years on classified systems you couldn't even comprehend.

Those systems can't be but so secret;he loves plastering his full name, location and hobbies around the internet and seems to love to brag about working on classified projects.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/52144 ... ngs-2.html

TM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol:

I have to say, this guy cracks me up as much or more than Airfume's Bill Burgess... Probably more...
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

There's a mook over on the facebook tube amp builders page who claims to be a physicist, but doesn't seem to know the difference between his arse and a hole in the ground. I learned pretty quickly not to jump into any of his conversations. It's fun to watch others jump in though...
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Ya know....all I keep thinking is.....if he's such a F*&%ing genius....why is he asking us for help with an audio amplifier.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

.. only because you are to dumb to understand, unlike me and him.

muhahahaha

deleted
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
mauiboy81

Post by mauiboy81 »

You do not talk to me like that! I said you don't talk to me like that! I work to hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I am a division manager in charge of twenty nine people! I Drive... I DRIVE... I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!!!!
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

mauiboy81 wrote:You do not talk to me like that! I said you don't talk to me like that! I work to hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I am a division manager in charge of twenty nine people! I Drive... I DRIVE... I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!!!!
Haha!

I'm surprised you can work up that much sarcastic angst when you could be watching the humuhumunukunukuapua'a swimming by. Did I spell that even close to correctly?

Sorry, I just saw Maui in the tag and went with it.