Hi from the new guy

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Matt72

Hi from the new guy

Post by Matt72 »

Hey everyone,
Just thought I'd say hello. This looks like a great place and great resource! I'm new to the Trainwreck thing, but have build about a dozen other various amps. I'm looking forward to putting an Express together.

Though I never met Ken, I admire everything I've heard about him. And having just about recovered from CFIDS after 5 years now, I felt some kinship with him.

But anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and this place and hopefully getting into the mind and amps of Mr. Fischer.

See ya round the playground!
Elcabong

Re: Hi from the new guy

Post by Elcabong »

Welcome Matt,

I am sure you will enjoy it here!

What is (are) your preferred amp(s) in the dozen you built?

Gilles
Matt72

Post by Matt72 »

Hi Gilles
Thanks for the welcome.

Well, my favorite amp is my 18watt Marshall clone, that's now been modified beyond recognition with an EF86 among other changes. Also up there is my Herzog-esque contraption. The tweed Deluxe was pretty nice, but to much bass for me since I mostly use humbuckers, and any attempt to mod the bass away, took too much of the other magic. But great for single coils. 50 watt marshall was a dream, but way too loud.

I think those are my top choices.

I'm definitely looking forward to building something 'Wreckish. I think Fischer took things into the next realm. I'm looking forward to visiting, and possibly staying there.
keithrick

Post by keithrick »

Matt, Welcome. Sounds like you will have a new favorite amp in the near future! Good luck with your build!

8)
Matt72

Post by Matt72 »

Thanks KR!