Rocket Power Dissipation

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Jackie Treehorn

Re: Rocket Power Dissipation

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

When I measured mine, 300v B+, RJ Heyboer Rocket transformer it was 20-22 watts clean (can't remember the exact figure) 26 watts at full clip.
jazbo8

Post by jazbo8 »

Cliff Schecht wrote: The point at which the cathode cap makes the output stage sound like a fixed bias amp is usually much smaller than the cap value you'd need to require a 70% bias point.
Good point, I will keep that in mind.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Eh, I don't know about your guys 15-20W measurements. With that low of plate voltage I at least get 25W before break up and maybe 35-40W full tilt.
passfan

Post by passfan »

Voltage squared divided by resistance equals wattage. I measure my output while I play to give me a rough idea of a real world measurement
"It Happens"
Forrest Gump
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

passfan wrote:Voltage squared divided by resistance equals wattage. I measure my output while I play to give me a rough idea of a real world measurement
Ah, okay that's fine, but no one actually measures output power that way so it's hard to relate it to anything.
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

Gaz wrote:Eh, I don't know about your guys 15-20W measurements. With that low of plate voltage I at least get 25W before break up and maybe 35-40W full tilt.
I looked up an old post of when I measured the power and it was actually 28 watts clean, 32 at full clip. So, you're right, my memory was bad!
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, that makes sense, I just didn't want t throw off the OP :wink: