Pedals that work with the Rocket

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bob S

Re: Pedals that work with the Rocket

Post by Bob S »

ToneBone Hot British.
Works good for me.
Why Aye Man
jkey04

Post by jkey04 »

I am currently using my Rocket as my main amp for worship services with a plethora of pedals in front of it and it takes them all well. My drives are mainly Wampler (Euphoria, Paisley, and Velvet Fuzz) and my ambient/modulated tones are mainly Strymon Timeline and Flint. The Rocket really does a great job as a pedal platform - very crisp, clear, but huge and fat when pushed hard. I typically keep the volume on the rocket around 10:30-11 so the amp is clean-ish and attenuate as needed.
rooster

Post by rooster »

The Timmy and the older Barbur LTD for ODs, the Tonebender II (germanium fuzz), the LARGE size Dunlop Fuzzface RI (germanium), the ChaseTone Starlight Fuzz (silicone), and the Roland BeeBaa (silicone) are good, IMO.

Zippy, as to the mid control that someone might add to the circuit, eh, it doesn't really work. When you scoop it the amp really doesn't sound that different. It's a little thinner, true, but not that much.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for all the replies, I'm also building a few pedals too, these being Tonebenders 2 and 3 as well as the Blencowe Compressor.

http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/engineersthumb.html

I like the idea of a quiet compressor, the Ross/MXR stuff is good but noisy.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott