Songwriter Group Build -- Not Gonna Happen

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Allynmey
Site Admin

Re: Songwriter Group Build -- Not Gonna Happen

Post by Allynmey »

Hogy, your "facts" are self serving hearsay. Dead men tell no tales...right?

Here are a few other "stories"....

Rockets made and sold overseas...

Ken's prototypes disappearing after his death and ending up overseas...

Dissolution of relationships...

"but I prattle on" :twisted: :twisted:

It would be best to go back to where you disappeared from for the last 8 years...

BTW...I didn't delete emails and letters from back in the day. :wink:

Again I say..."making a deal with broke family members to use a name on a product specifically kept from you during a persons life, does not equate permission from that person after his death".

Anyone need a "Connie" chassis? I have one I had made to build one. After having 3 cross my bench and seeing how they really sound, I changed my mind. My friend told me Ken tweaked the one for the recordings but, disliked the amp in general and refused to put his "name" on it. Tell me Hogy...is that a story? :wink:
Hogy

Post by Hogy »

Allynmey wrote:Hogy, your "facts" are self serving hearsay. Dead men tell no tales...right?

Here are a few other "stories"....

Rockets made and sold overseas...

Ken's prototypes disappearing after his death and ending up overseas...

Dissolution of relationships...

"but I prattle on" :twisted: :twisted:

It would be best to go back to where you disappeared from for the last 8 years...

BTW...I didn't delete emails and letters from back in the day. :wink:

Again I say..."making a deal with broke family members to use a name on a product specifically kept from you during a persons life, does not equate permission from that person after his death".

Anyone need a "Connie" chassis? I have one I had made to build one. After having 3 cross my bench and seeing how they really sound, I changed my mind. My friend told me Ken tweaked the one for the recordings but, disliked the amp in general and refused to put his "name" on it. Tell me Hogy...is that a story? :wink:

Yes, a completely made up story, just like the rest of your drivel.

I'm not going to dignify this any further.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Good! Get your ball and run home! :lol:

***a little explanation is in order***

Some here may not understand the responses made by me here. Do a little research on Hogy's interaction with this site over the years.
Hogy's first interaction with this site was disinformation about Trainwreck's over 10 years ago. His next interaction was cease and desist letters and threats against a welder who was making chassis for builds on this site.

Hogy only shows up to push and shove builders here and with me being the protective type...I won't have it. :wink:

Trust me...he does not add anything to this site. He never has.
Last edited by Allynmey on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

Thanks Allyn.
ampman1961

Post by ampman1961 »

"I'm not going to dignify this any further"
Really Hogy? What have you ever dignified here or on any other forum?
Yourself? Yes. In fact you have made a living out of dignifying yourself at the expense of a dead person who befriended you and realized you were a jive ass chump, just like Gerald Weber. It's funny how the way back machine can turn up the truth when the correct source has access to the facts.
Then again, inconvenient truths are not in your best interest Hogy or any other snake oil salesman.
Do you really think all of us have forgotten what you and the trailer trash siblings of Ken Fischer did back when Ken committed suicide? You know, after a whole bunch of selfless individuals went about a project that would raise money for his Mother only to find out all of you were nothing but self serving scumbags? Fuck you Hogy. Do us all a favor and disappear.
The truth shall set you free, because it has for those of us who really know.
:lol:
Last edited by ampman1961 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is too short for Solid State"
www.redjonesamplification.com
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Billy, you sir...are a wordsmith! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

LOL! I'm Speechless!
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Okay..... This thread is now getting REALLY interesting! 😃
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hogy wrote:

I don't know who wrote that text, but the "parts he had lying around the basement" were in the shape of two Constellations (a prototype and a finished product) we gave to Ken. He had expressed (pardon the pun) a wish to make a new amp, specifically with the idea of presenting it to a certain songwriter who played Komets at the time.

Ken wasn't feeling great and wasn't up to punching chassis, etc. He liked the transformers and output stage/power supply of the Constellation, so this made it easier for him.

We talked almost daily while the amps were built, and it was clear from the get-go that this would, at some point, become part of the Komet lineup. In fact, I built my own version at the same time from notes Ken phoned in. Except mine was built around an old, original RS Deluxe OT I had been wanting to use, and a killer set of matched EL37s. My amp has the octal PI as well.

By the time the amp was done, Ken was gone. So yes, it is true that Ken didn't get to send us the finished amp to put it into production. It is not true that he didn't want to see it produced.

And what exactly does any of that have to do with the subject at hand?
Perhaps we can look at the back of the "songwriter 30" on the trainwreck site. If I'm not mistaken, the chassis is a standard BUD Ind. chassis and not a "Connie" chassis as referred to above. Hmmmm...I think someone is being untruthful....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xtian

Post by xtian »

I've been hiding behind the sofa since page 2!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

An IEC Socket is fitted to the Songwriter on the TW website though and I dont think Ken installed these normally.
Mark

Post by Mark »

In order to assess the origins of the original Songwriter chassis, pictures of the backs of both amps need to be shown so an accurate assessment may be made by the thread reader. Make up your own mind as to who you believe. I posted for the sake of credibility and not re-enter the debate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

The chassis in question is more like this...

This is an early Connie. Representative of the builds at that time.
RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket »

Inger most certainly looks like my bud chassis. Anyone else notice how ingers chassis looks a bit beat up?
Richie

Post by Richie »

If you can find some of those Older EI EL84 tubes, they were really great sounding.