Resonance , its not just for breakfast anymore ....

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

BLT

Re: Resonance , its not just for breakfast anymore ....

Post by BLT »

I would like to see this topic out of Trainwreck Discussions and put in Technical Discussion. We have flogged this dog enough, and it should instead be shared with the entire TAG general user group.
BLT
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

I walked into this slowly and with great reserve . For the reason it would be grabbed and taken to a stake . Shit , I walked through every comment and disclosed from the beginning . If you want pull this thread and your collective stank . You collectively refuse to acknowledge the facts I put up .l AND the disclosures regarding my un knowing . ASSHOLE SYNDROME comes to mind . I have nothing to sell , no tecnnology to promote and you all reduce yourself to this scurge . Its sad to see . This place had promise . Not today .
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Plexified

I think BLT's comment is valid, why put your resonance thread in this discussion group, why didn't you put it in the Fender discussion group, or the Vox/ Hiwatt discussion group?

I don't think you can say it is more relevant to this discussion group than any other.

Have a talk to one of the moderators and get them to move it, you'll get a different set of eyes looking over it too.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Jana

Post by Jana »

I walked into this slowly and with great reserve .
You did not walk into this slowly. You came in with conspiracy theories about free energy, Tesla, and who knows what else (it's hard to translate some of your obtuse verbiage).
For the reason it would be grabbed and taken to a stake .
incomplete thought.
I walked through every comment and disclosed from the beginning .
You didn't respond to any comments except to restate more conspiracy theories or to dismiss questions. You disclosed nothing.
You collectively refuse to acknowledge the facts I put up .
Facts? Surely you jest. Do you know what facts are? Do you know that an opinion is not a fact just because you believe it is a fact?

ASSHOLE SYNDROME comes to mind .
It sure does. But, the window you have been looking through is actually a mirror.
What?
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

LMFAO! Jana you are a mind reader.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
xtian

Post by xtian »

BLT wrote:I would like to see this topic out of Trainwreck Discussions and put in Technical Discussion. We have flogged this dog enough, and it should instead be shared with the entire TAG general user group.
That's like paying to Greyhound the homeless out of your town to some other town. No thank you.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

Look , when I was hanging out with Ken or Trainwreck as his nickname points to posting here , He would talk about magnetics and resonance . I expanced about the technology to emphasize the fact that a lot is not know about what I was pointing out and in particular the designer or Tesla is still being shaken down to understand . To the stake or to the whipping post is the same analogy . Just leave it alone , I simply wanted to share some insight into a project and it really is not necessary to be so rude . I'm pretty pissed off .
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I honestly have no idea why you are pissed off? The root of the 'problem' is that you are not effectively communicating. It really is that simple. Many of us are frustrated as a result...including you.
Electronic equipment is designed using facts and mathematics, not opinion and dogma.
John_P_WI

Post by John_P_WI »

And there is great difference between an amp that has metric shit tons of gain, is under filtered, undamped (no snubber caps), uses rectified ac power to provide gain, and is ready to take off under your finger tips compared to the idea that that a motor can "resonate" and drive a load without the input of ac power neglecting "little" physical laws as resistance, friction, heat etc...

Let's see how much "resonance" your amp has without ac power stimulus - I expect that it would have about as much resonance as a toolbox.

We use a term in engineering, "you don't know what you don't know", in other words, is it possible that there is confusion or a misunderstanding on your part of the ideas that you presented?

Honestly, I think everyone has been well behaved - I think it would be wise to step back and analyze the topics that you presented and ask "where does the stimulus / impulse come from to cause the resonance". Or ask yourself "how does that work"? You may find out that there is no "natural frequency vibration" without some sort of energy input.
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

I posted this topic here because Ken would always work on combo amplifiers and expand for a long while on magnetics , frequency and resonance . He was an expert in magnetic and transformer design . He sent a spec requirement to the people that made his Trainwreck components . They were not off the shelf and he had reasons for specifying a particular steel or grain orientation in the laminates as well as the exact sourcing of the wire and the winding directions and layering tensions . His first job outside of the military post was for a giant transformer company and he soaked up a lot of information that allowed him an understanding of the amps he worked on . The way the transformers irradiated the surrounding components in relation to the 3-D design plane and the heat involve in addition the combo amps and the close proximity to the speakers and the loud volumes and the interaction that took place . He lived in Colonia , a stones throw away from Edison . That's where Edisons lab was located. He was a laymen compared to Tesla , hence my initial comparison and disclosure of the lost Tesla documents that have surfaced .
I felt it was in good spirit to post the findings of what I consider to be relevant to design , forward , regarding our community . I did not want to do anything else than open the average mind to the possibility that contained in Tesla and his longstanding work that their is much for us as a community to learn including my own understanding of technologies that have remained hidden . My releation to the concepts I offered were of new ideas and the forward implementation . Its a thread to forward what Ken took with him and did not expand upon . Yes he joked around a lot , and his humor was often a display of his forward thinking and knowledge that never became fully explained . I hope that makes sense , because I saw him leave us so much earlier than anyone , even his family expected . He was such a kind and generous man with a brilliance that inspired me to film a documentary that had got entirely derailed upon his passing . I have countless contacts that have shared a trove of information on my computers that I intend to share . This was one of them . I tried to explain that I know my way around electronics , however , I have not found the aha moment yet to explain some things . By posting here I thought as a group maybe some ideas , collectively , could be considered . I love humor and do not mind in any way poking at me , I just found a few comments in appropriate . I also agree that everyone has been civil and really do not take much offense . But as an artist , understand we can be sensitive and take things the wrong way . So all I wanted to do was offer some new perspectives and I am sorry if I was unable to communicate effectively at times . If anyone has spent some time to read any of this , I don't think you wasted any time , and I don't think I wasted anyones time not spelling everything out . Its a premise to prod thinking forward to some new ideas . Just like the idea of maybe a torroid is to offer a new design consideration . Be it efficiency or the ability to build a new platform to design from instead of the concentration of the used to be . Thanks for at least trying to understand where I am coming from . Just a player that loves music and feeling what music does to enhance ones life . There is some fruit to be found from this tree in my opinion . So I would hope we could just get back to challenging our brains in this concept and what it may have to offer .
billyoung

Post by billyoung »

nicoli blew a huge fortune on resonant wireless power transmission. If he made workable there was no market as you cant meter and sell the power,however the field must be excited, he knocked out power many times messing about. Edison was a proponent of dc power distribution, however nicoli invented the polyphase ac system and the three phase motor. AC distribution raises voltages to kilovolts and distributes through highlines. 100 000 volts at 10 amps is alot of power and you need smaller conductors,i.e. its a lot cheaper and more intellegent. The three phase 60 cycle motor is pure genius and dead reliable. This is why westinghouse bought his patents. I think he got 500 000 dollars an immense amount at that time.

I dont think there was "free unlimited magical energy involved in his work".
As jana said he died old and sick , broke as well (sad!!!!). I think westinghouse saw to his expenses, which was only proper.

Closest thing I can think of in terms of massive cheap energy is tidal turbines, which the environmentalist dont seem to like and geothermal energy projects using steam turbines. USA never seems to take a sensible approach to public utility needs, even wastes such as sewerage can be used as shown by new alchelmy instute, again it is not popular not designed by an engineering firm who pays off in drugs hookers and off shore bank accounts.

We have the technology to solve all the problems, however the leaders are interested in whats "My End of the Deal". Even carbon credits were a means to cash in, look how holds assloads of them
Jana

Post by Jana »

What?
cbass

Post by cbass »

Delete
johnny riff

Post by johnny riff »

hey plex
keep up the faith.!.not sure why you posted this in the TW discussion.
good entertainment on some levels,too some I'm sure! its good to hear stories
about back in the day.. with all do respect :D
Plexified

Post by Plexified »

I spent a lot of time with Ken , he was specific on his transformer specs , he was also ridiculously specific on using existing parts to make something that a customer would put the brakes on and say enough . I saw the way he did things right for the local kids and the local players in the club scene . He was already designing his own stuff and doing extensive testing . Testing people that were not musicians . What do you like ? Blind curtains and stuff , while still fixing kids stuff for free and local musicians while they came to his shop or house and waited for him to fix stuff . Like ten minutes later , they walked to work on stage that night . That's the backbone and you all flog me . I have new ideas and get used to it . Your poor jokes and bs are nothing , anyone will get used to . Contribute to solutions . Not to a pissisng contest . My work is in progress . So lets just get along .