airbrake?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rockgod212

Re: airbrake?

Post by rockgod212 »

first test of 8ohm load straight into 16ohm cab, amp didn't blow up- actually sounds better. cant wait to try the airbrake tonight.
rockgod212

Post by rockgod212 »

second test, 1987 50watt plexi boosted with mxr OD- mode 1 straight in- sounds great, mode 2- sounds awesome, havnt tried bedroom yet- I will tonight. just a killer addition to this amp setup. something strange though, when I use my delay I get some really strange repeats- when I cut the guitar the repeats are very faintly still audible, like a hold function. strange.
Mark

Post by Mark »

What colouration are you experiencing with the Airbrake?

I was using a old 50 Weber Mass, a couple of weeks ago, I thought it sounded good with a 50 Marshall but it doesn't cut the mustard with a Fender Champ. I lose highs etc.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
rockgod212

Post by rockgod212 »

I don't hear much color added at all, if anything there is a slight tonal shift when running the head at a 8ohm load into 16 ohm cab, that is a tad less highs- easily dialed back in through tone controls of amp, seems to add a bit of compression- which I like, im running the head into some older spiky v30's, so it seemed to smooth out the sound some, if that makes sense. I have to still really crank it and dial in the tone of the amp from the amp itself. I think it rocks, as ive never used an attenuator before, so I have nothing to compare it too.

I wonder what it would sound like if I put a cap over the 1st rheostat like the bedroom setting, might try that later on too.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for your reply, keep posting your results.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
rockgod212

Post by rockgod212 »

on BR setting running 16ohm load/ 16 cab- amp sounds much fuller and more alive, so I will try the same thing in other modes.