VVR Tag Board????

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Oswald1958

VVR Tag Board????

Post by Oswald1958 »

I have a pdf layout for point to point fixed bias VVR in a Wreck Express clone. It requires NTE 2372, NTE 2973 Mosfets (I found on Ebay) and a dual 1Meg 1/2 Watt Linear pot to work. It works great in my Wreck clone. I'm cautious to post. What shall I do with it? Not looking to make any profit. Just trying to help others to "Make it Happen".
xtian

Re: VVR Tag Board????

Post by xtian »

Go ahead and post! We've done a bit of work on the fixed bias VVR here. And in fact, Lou (jazzguitargimp) has made a very nice PCB for it.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
andresound

Post by andresound »

Post it
If it sounds good, it is good! Trust your ears
Oswald1958

Post by Oswald1958 »

Train.JPG
I've attached the pdf of the layout. It has not been checked by anybody so use at your own risk....It works this way for me.
The added caps and resistors on input and volume pot are used to fix scratchy pots at low volume.....so they say.

I am not an electronics expert, I only wished that I had this layout years ago...so I made it myself.

Next, I think I'll try and fit the VVR circuit on the power supply board (next to the bias circuit). That would eliminate the added board.

Let the discussion begin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
galtjunk

Post by galtjunk »

Thank you.
Oswald1958

Post by Oswald1958 »

VVR Trainwreck.JPG
This is my Trainwreck CLONE with the VVR installed. Pot is on back of amp. Wiring snakes along the back of the chassis. No hum. No noise. Works great.

I found the Mosfets on ebay. Dual gang pot at Amplified Parts.

I added a 2k2 resistor before pin7 on input tube. I believe this was done on Ingrid.

I moved a couple of terminals on VVR board and the size is a little different from the layout. Same exact circuit.

Always BIAS with VVR Pot at MAX!!!!

Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.