Trainwreck Express videos

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

geetarpicker

Re: Trainwreck Express videos

Post by geetarpicker »

Yes I hear that dolby AC3 codec is the one some folks need to play the clips in their windows media player.

Chris G,

Sweet looking slant there! Don't you love those speakers?

That helps me to date another cab I recently got back that I had sold off years ago. It's a totally un-original cab, stripped and painted with clear coat, grill changed, speakers changed, handles changed, ply back but I don't think it's original. Only part original is the cabinet sides, baffle, and supports. As much of a fragment it is it has one feature that makes me wonder if it's an early 70s cab. It has the little triangle in the top left corner, to support a 100 or bass logo apparently. Any idea when Marshall stopped the corner logos? It does have the grooves for the slim piping across the top. I'm trying to decide if I might try recovering it, and which way to go with the grill cloth BW or check. It's in storage back east at the moment, and I might check for signs of corners when I see it next.
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

dobbhill wrote:I for one would love a vintage Celestion lesson. I keep hearing about green/black label, pre- and not-pre Rola, and cone types. Is there a site or reference area that I could access to do some homework? I love my '74 slant front Marshall cabinet, but know nothing about what makes it special. I know that my TW clone attempts sound better through it than through my Altec 417's or my 2x12" RH Music Man with alnico eminence drivers (1977) (a wonderful box and highly under rated, but don't tell anyone!!).
dobb
You need to read Scumbags Celestion dating and identification thread over at the Gear Page:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... +celestion
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

Hey geetarpcker
While I'm not in your club as far as chops go I have an old 68 slant full of 55 014s with no tolex beat to shit not pretty but sounds like gawd!
Sometimes you just go with what works
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

[quote="geetarpicker"]Yes I hear that dolby AC3 codec is the one some folks need to play the clips in their windows media player.

Chris G,

Sweet looking slant there! Don't you love those speakers?

That helps me to date another cab I recently got back that I had sold off years ago. It's a totally un-original cab, stripped and painted with clear coat, grill changed, speakers changed, handles changed, ply back but I don't think it's original. Only part original is the cabinet sides, baffle, and supports. As much of a fragment it is it has one feature that makes me wonder if it's an early 70s cab. It has the little triangle in the top left corner, to support a 100 or bass logo apparently. Any idea when Marshall stopped the corner logos? It does have the grooves for the slim piping across the top. I'm trying to decide if I might try recovering it, and which way to go with the grill cloth BW or check. It's in storage back east at the moment, and I might check for signs of corners when I see it next.[/quote

Hi Glen,
Thanks for the kind words on the cab!!!! I do love it!!! I got a real good deal on the cab, it even has the original cover!!

When I recived it I looked for signs of the badge in the corner,but no evidence of one ever beening there was found.

It does have the metal handels which are kinda beat -up at this point,paint has started to seperate.

I thought Marshall stopped the metal handels in 72' or 73' I could be wrong though....as far as the badges I only have seen them on late 60's cabs.

I have a chance to get another one which is a 70 with no speaker's and somone painted the checker board black... :evil:

Question is do I need another 4x12????

Thanks Glen
Chris
dobbhill

Post by dobbhill »

Doctor02:
Thanks for the homework assignment!! Very informative stuff at first glance. Now, back to my studies.......
dobb
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

A good basic source for Celestion info is The History of Marshall by Michael Doyle
You can also email drdecibel@celestion.com for hard to find info

That Scumback link is very cool too.

CB
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

Yep, Doyle's book is a must have. I kinda take it for granted that everyone already has it...

;)

It has extensive chapters on Celestions with pictures and date code info.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dear Geetarplayer

Nice work, I really enjoyed watching your video clips, very cool!
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

UPDATE:

Try this player folks if you were having trouble playing the clips before:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... lassic.cfm

"Media player classic". I have a 6 year old laptop that I used as a test, since my home PC was working fine. The laptop is only 550 mhz machine running windows xp (originally an ME machine) and it too choked on the videos using window media player 9. I update the AC3 codec, still no go. THEN I downloaded the "Media player classic" from the link above and it worked. It was the fix on at least this old machine. Thank you for whoever originally posted the "media player classic" player tip.
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

Geetarpicker,

Another thank you! I had all but given up ever hearing your clips, but the WMP Classic did the trick!
VERY sweet playing, and without a doubt the best presentation of the TWs capabilities I've heard on any clip. Even someone who hasn't played one can get a pretty good idea what we're all jazzed about.

David Hicks
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Thanks David. Glad the other player worked. I had felt bad that many had taken the time to download these and they just wouldn't play.

Glad you liked the videos. Playing though a Wreck is almost more like "playing the amp" then "the guitar" at times. :D
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

Hey Geetarpicker, great samples! Thanks for sharing.

Wouldn't you share some Orphan Annie's internal pics also? 8) :twisted:
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

I'm sorry but I can't post internal pics of my amp. Hope you understand. However here's something you all might not have seen. Sorry I don't have all the pages, I haven't scanned them all. I couldn't get these to post directly for some reason.

Trainwreck owners manual.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/ ... anual1.gif
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/ ... anual2.gif
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Now that's some cool stuff. Keep 'em comin' if you can!
mojo

Post by mojo »

Finally got to view the videos - the Media Player Classic did the trick. Thanks for posting both the clips and the link to the mpc. I've been really anxious to hear some live clips of a T'wreck, and I think many here feel you've done us a great service. Thanks again.
Let that boy boogie woogie.