HERESY???

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: HERESY???

Post by HeeBGB »

Dan,

I would also loke the Dumble info. gcbuATyahooDOTcom
HiGain

Post by HiGain »

I dont have MP3s but Ill send anyone who wants one the schem I made of my amp but I have to leave 1 thing out. If I had the amps myself Id take pictures of them and schem them for everyone.
Would you mind forwarding it to Omar to post for the group? Otherwise, I'd love a copy. jn0001@ optonline.net (remove spaces!)

Thanks,

Jake
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Billy Batz wrote:I dont have MP3s but Ill send anyone who wants one the schem I made of my amp but I have to leave 1 thing out. If I had the amps myself Id take pictures of them and schem them for everyone.
I'd like to get a copy of that schem if you don't mind.....thanks!

Dave

dhink AT charter DOT net
Dave
Moose

Post by Moose »

Billy Batz wrote:I dont have MP3s but Ill send anyone who wants one the schem I made of my amp but I have to leave 1 thing out. If I had the amps myself Id take pictures of them and schem them for everyone.
Why do you have to leave 1 thing out? Seems a little strange, but...

I wouldn't mind seeing the schem you have.

chris at Toneslut dot com
goodtone77

Post by goodtone77 »

i would love to check it out also

goodtone77 at yahoo.com
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

I would like a copy also.

asacopaco- AT terra DOT es

Thanks.
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Hi Dan,
I see the list is growing but if you wouldn't mind sending me one that would be great!!! e-mail is fial@frontiernet.net.

Hey, I had a chance to see your layout's @metro amps.....(check the sticky postes under the Marshall,marshall,marshall heading) very nice work indeed!! :D

Thanks
Chris G
Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz »

Damn the list is growing since I left last night. OK. Lets reverse this. If you want it email me at billybatz AT verizon.net
Moose wrote:Why do you have to leave 1 thing out? Seems a little strange, but...

Not by choice. There is one thing thats a very obvious change to the power supply that someone gave me to try as something done to Fords amp. Its not a very big deal really and they asked me not to show anyone so I wont but I doubt this is one most Dumbles anyway. The other ones that have been looked at certainly did not have this change.
Chris G wrote:Hey, I had a chance to see your layout's @metro amps.....(check the sticky postes under the Marshall,marshall,marshall heading) very nice work indeed!!
Thanks Chris. The user MacGaden was kind enough to host them on his file server. I have a 90% completed Francesca up if you saw. Trying to get gnugear to build the thing seeing that he has all the parts! :)
Dan
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

Damn the list is growing since I left last night. OK. Lets reverse this. If you want it email me at billybatz AT verizon.net
Returned to sender...

I've sent you an email but I was treated as a spammer :?
RossH

Chassis Pics

Post by RossH »

I found some chassis pics of a ODS on www.acplink.com They are available here:

http://theoctave.home.comcast.net/ods.zip

Enjoy!
Ross
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Here are a couple pics of my most recent clone, It has the Hot-Rubber-Monkey and skyliner Mods as well as the Precision power section. It is VERY different from my "80's" Skyliner amp, the clean on the HRM is much more "Transparent" and the Dirty is far more "Marshally"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Funkalicousgroove on Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

Funk,

You do nice work! I'm glad to see your amps, but I thought I'd lost my mind seeing a D-clone on this site. As long as you're here though, what is the HRM mod? I've got info on the Sky, but I've only seen the HRM mentioned a couple of times.

David
Omar

Post by Omar »

Funk
Nice work! I'll state the obvious and say that the Dumble is a tad more complex than a Tranwreck. :shock:

In the first picture, is that a real Dumble on the right? Is so how does it sound compared to your clone. Would love to hear more info about the HRM/Skyliner/Precision mods!

Omar
Tone by misadventure
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

No, Unfortunately that one is a Clone as well- I didn't realize you could see the Logo on that one until after I posted it, but since I'll NEVER EVER sell it, I figure no harm done. I have a friend with a couple real ODS's and he was VERY Impressed with that combo. We haven't made the time in our schedules to do an A/B, but we probably will after the first of the year.

The thing about the Mods is that you probably have them, I understand that the Skyliner mod is simply the change in plate and cathode resistor values from 100K/1.5K to 220K/3.3K and 150K/2.2K so it's basically the "Hybrid" schem that's out there. The HRM Mod is the Post OD tonestack, so the "1997" schematic that is out there is for all intents and purposes the HRM Mod. The Precision Power Mod is all the totem poled caps, and the trimmer on the PI, which is also on the "1997" schem.

I could be totally wrong on these, Dumble isn't as easy to get ahold of as KF, but MAN they sound sweet.

I find that the ODS is more versatile than the wrecks I've built, but there is a "Purity" of tone that the Express circut has that makes it a Must have. They are quite different, and equally useful in different ways.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz »

Nice Job. You went the more traditional Fender layout the way Dumbles are layed out. I dont think Dumbles are really that much more complex then Wrecks. They just have the circuits split on more boards. You could lay a D out like a Wreck and simplify it, the main difference being the extra gain stage and any relay circuitry or post OD tone stack additions. Theirs many added resistances in the circuit though to tame the high end and PO. There are more places to tweak then on a wreck and they all have just as much impact. The resistances, the couplers, the cathodes and the stack. I cant say I really like the sound of the skyliner EQ. Or HRM as you call it :) The skyliner values on the plates and cathodes and tone stack do really make a difference from th more fendery sound of the 70s amps. The clean sounds are a lot different. I see you have that filter on the grid of OD1.
Last edited by Billy Batz on Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dan