Original Trainwrecks on Stage with Trey from Phish

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

DGNGuitars

Original Trainwrecks on Stage with Trey from Phish

Post by DGNGuitars »

Hey there, I don’t normally have much to add to the brilliant guys on this forum, but I was at a show last night to see my favorite guitar player and he had not one, but 2 original Trainwrecks on stage with him. Not a great pic, but I know they are both Express amps from seeing the backs as the tech was putting them into a roadcase after the gig was done. Couldnt get my phone up quick enough to get the backs. As of now I know these are on loan from a place in NYC and he hasn’t confirmed or denied using them. Super cool to see these on stage and hear them in a big live setting. To the left of those are two Komet 60’s. From what I read the TW’s are guitar -> cable -> amp and the Komets are for dirt pedals, modulation and delay effects. Anyone recognize these amps?
95898691-4FA5-4CB1-822B-15FA3F96FAAF.jpeg
It’s rumored the bottom amp was put into another head box the save the original from being beat up on the road. Super cool all the same and figured it would be fun to share here.

Thanks Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Re: Original Trainwrecks on Stage with Trey from Phish

Post by M Fowler »

Looks like this one from my files. It has the same front panel logo as Francesca!

Mark
type2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Nice shots. Are the Komets really K60s or are they road versions of the Silver Cloud?
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Very cool to see those amps out on tour!
DGNGuitars

Post by DGNGuitars »

Been busy and forgot to follow up on this.

Im pretty sure the other 2 amps are Komet 60’s.

In my spot at the show I had no idea if there was really a TW on stage, but it certainly sounded like it to me. Finally at the end when the crew was packing up I was able to get to the front and grab a pic of not only the one Wreck I expected to see but the surprise second amp with the TW logo!! I’m hoping these amps will become a permanent part of his touring rig as not many people are playing real Trainwrecks out in public these days. Plus the tone from these amps is amazing. I thought this forum especially would really appreciate seeing this.

Dan
DGNGuitars

Post by DGNGuitars »

M Fowler wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:28 am Looks like this one from my files. It has the same front panel logo as Francesca!

Mark

type2.jpg
If I had to guess I’d say that’s def the amp!! In a much more used state these days though. But that’s a good thing right?! Any idea what name that amp is? The re boxed one is still a mystery.
rooster

Post by rooster »

I think you are basing too much on the handles here. From a woodworker's perspective the edges of the cab on stage are more rounded than the one Mark posted.

Also FWIW, that guitar player that played in that 'Gang' band, the funky guy who's over 49 these days, just bought a set of Express caps. Maybe the Express is making a comeback...
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?