Would you like see this board expand the discussion?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Would you like see this board expand the discussion beyond Trainwreck amps?

Yes, let's talk about Marshalls, Fenders, Dumbles, etc.
62%
No, let's keep the discussion limited to Ken's amps
38%

Total votes: 42

Omar

Would you like see this board expand the discussion?

Post by Omar »

Just wanted to guage the interest of the group.
Last edited by Omar on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tone by misadventure
MarkB

Re: Would you like see this board expand the discussion?

Post by MarkB »

I mostly lurk, so take it for what it's worth. I like the idea of a focused board, like here and the 18 Watt forum. That being said, a dedicated Dumble board would be nice. A more general DIY forum would probably just compete with ax84 for the same people.

I did just order parts for a Bassman/Express conversion, so I'm in the club.

:D
Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz »

Im in between. I like to have this place for the Wrecks, Metro for marshalls, 18watt etc... But Dumbles kind of fit together with Wrecks. They have a similar mystique about them though Dumbles are a bit more notorious because of the builder. Maybe just open up a D forum and thats it. For now anyway. Fenders, Marshalls and other amps are covered well on other forums. Also it kind of hides away the Dumble thing for people worried about the wrath of HAD.
Dan
blargh

Post by blargh »

Just found this board a few days ago, and I'd love a Dumble section, but I'm against Marshalls and Fender discussion, there are already plenty of boards about em.
HiGain

Post by HiGain »

How about a dedicated GESCAB section! Mabye skip the other stuff in order to stay focussed.

--Jake
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

I favor the TW and the Dumble. I seem to me that the others already have their "specialty" pages.

DEH
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Billy Batz wrote:Im in between. I like to have this place for the Wrecks, Metro for marshalls, 18watt etc... But Dumbles kind of fit together with Wrecks. They have a similar mystique about them though Dumbles are a bit more notorious because of the builder. Maybe just open up a D forum and thats it. For now anyway. Fenders, Marshalls and other amps are covered well on other forums. Also it kind of hides away the Dumble thing for people worried about the wrath of HAD.

+1 on this
Robert

Post by Robert »

I agree with the Twreck/Dumble discussions. The similarity between the Twreck and Dumble auras, as well as the Twreck members success in debunking the myths is what prompted my original comment. Seems like a good fit for this forum to me and it is certainly needed. Prior to the revelation of Franchesca the activity here had really slowed down.
Snapcase

Post by Snapcase »

How about a dedicated GESCAB section! Mabye skip the other stuff in order to stay focussed.
I agree. Separate sections for Wrecks and Dumbles.
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

I also agree about focussing on these rarer amps where there's more need to share info than F/M/V amps (which have great forum coverage elsewhere).

So I can't vote for either of those poll options :)
in the wilds of Borneo, and the vineyards of Bordeaux, Eskimo, Arapaho, move their bodies to and fro...
bentonar18

Post by bentonar18 »

I would vote to keep this down to Trainwrecks and Dumbles. However, it would be ice to have a Gallery section like 18watt.com. Someone else said that recently discussion/interest in TW's had lagged a bit, but the Francesca pics gen'd a bunch of interest; having the ability to post pics of our builds could help generate more interest, too.
John
Necrovore

Post by Necrovore »

I voted to keep it related to Ken's amps, but I can see the reasoning for a Dumble forum as well. No other amps though there are way too many other forums dedicated to them.
snide

Post by snide »

I would love to see a seperate dumbell forum.

Eric
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Same site different forum topic section would be cool.

Allynmey
908ssp

Post by 908ssp »

I know I am really new here but I think the Wreck and Dumble amps is the way to go. Focusing on those two brings a fairly narrow focus group together and doesn't step on any other forums toes.

I know you guys like to think that Ken approves of your hobby and therefore it is ok to clone his amps. Let's be frank here HAD doesn't approve in any way shape or form of cloning his amps for any reason. If that really bothers you it might be better to NOT start a Dumble section as no forum is going to be much fun if you have endless arguments over the ethics of cloning.

Personally I bet they will be cloning people in the not to distent future so I have no problem with cloning an amp but that isn't what this discussion is about.
Alex
TheCageWreck and Glaswerks SOD100