Who still makes great hardwood cabs for Trainwreck amps?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mark

Who still makes great hardwood cabs for Trainwreck amps?

Post by Mark »

I've built my Rocket and am finally happy with it. The only thing it lacks is a great maple cab.

I don't hear much about people building Trainwreck cabs these days. Who still makes them?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
didit

Re: Who still makes great hardwood cabs for Trainwreck amps?

Post by didit »

Hello -

Mike Mcauley (aka ampmike) was still offering his fresh builds and custom work recently. The (over)zealous admins scrubbed our for-sale of his last posting but you can reach him via is website.
He is a woodworker, not a web designer or email maven. Might take a bit of effort to get his attention etc.. He's also in US. Shipping costs these days are steep. No idea what it is to OZ.

Best .. Ian
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Ian. I was thinking of flame maple or maple that looks interesting.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
akuster777

Post by akuster777 »

Reggie at rawcabs.com built me an excellent cherry cab for my Liverpool build last summer. Best, Andrew
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

didit wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 pm The (over)zealous admins scrubbed our for-sale of his last posting but you can reach him via is website.
The policy is that if you offer something for sale to the forum community, that you kindly maintain and regularly update your posting until your item sells or you request deletion. And the cabinet sold.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Here is a photo of Mike's last cab, from that sale posting:

Cauley Cab.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
didit

Post by didit »

That’s the one. I wanted but couldn’t swallow the shipping and importation fees. He may still have it for sale, and certainly able to build another.
didit

Post by didit »

Colossal wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 pm
didit wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 pm The (over)zealous admins scrubbed our for-sale of his last posting but you can reach him via is website.
The policy is that if you offer something for sale to the forum community, that you kindly maintain and regularly update your posting until your item sells or you request deletion. And the cabinet sold.
Yes, realized. However certain members do or have provided ongoing service/stuff. And might be ok to apply policy judiciously.

Still and all thankful for all the efforts of our under compensated janitorial help. It is appreciated.

Best .. Ian
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

didit wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 pm
Colossal wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 pm
Yes, realized. However certain members do or have provided ongoing service/stuff. And might be ok to apply policy judiciously.

Still and all thankful for all the efforts of our under compensated janitorial help. It is appreciated.

Best .. Ian
Yeah, that cab sold, sadly :|

I agree, it might be useful to have a subsection in the for sale area for regular/ongoing providers to the community. Right now, we're seeing a lot of cool PCB stuff from Lou/Xtian, Ryan, Erwin, Frusciante and others. Taylor often provides chassis and boards. I used to offer relay and power supply boards.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

If we think it's worth it to have a Vendors area, I'm fine with that too. We'd need to have a good 'mission statement' of something along the lines of 'if too many forum members complain, the vendor can and will be removed from the site... and ask regular users to create a separate account with a vendor name for sales... or something like that. Not 100% sure of the 'right' things, just spitballing at this point. Maybe we can start a thread on it.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

+1

That would be cool! This forum is probably where I'd find the most interest in what I can provide.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Mark

Post by Mark »

That maple cab looked like the sort of thing I'm after, except I'd want the holes drilled and the functions on the wood panel.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
didit

Post by didit »

Mark wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:18 pm That maple cab looked like the sort of thing I'm after, except I'd want the holes drilled and the functions on the wood panel.
Mikey as best I recall was happy to drill. Be aware it’s got to be aligned or sadness blooms.
Last edited by didit on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

The chassis is one of RJ's chassis.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

I've always wanted one of these cabs but shipping to the UK was $400.!!

I've still not found anyone to make me one here in the UK sadly.

@Mark, you have some great tropical hardwoods in Australia perhaps someone over there could make you one from local/tropical woods?

The cabinets are not difficult for someone who's a carpenter to make.

M