Hello - Newbie here .. Help with Francesca Parts Please

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mojo

Re: Hello - Newbie here .. Help with Francesca Parts Please

Post by mojo »

I'm shocked that you had a KF50Ltd and you sold it if you want an Express clone - that's like having a Ferrari F-50 and selling it because you really want a 60's vintage Ferrari with a rebuilt engine. I'm not dissing you, it just strikes me as unusual. I can understand some of the guys on here who just enjoy building and tweaking amps and find a TW a fascinating platform to work on, but if you don't have much interest in that it seems odd to me, but I guess it takes all kinds to make a world. I was on the list for a KF50 Ltd but bailed after thinking about spending $5K on one amp - it would have never left the house. I currently happily play a TR Ruby and am a fairly happy camper - I actually gig with it some. Welcome to the forum anyway, and I'm envious of your current amp lineup (but would have kept the KF50!).
Let that boy boogie woogie.
martins3325

Re: Hello - Newbie here .. Help with Francesca Parts Please

Post by martins3325 »

Well come to think of it I do think a Ferrari 246GT Dino is cooler than an F-50..bad analogy in my opinion though. I just didnt find the KF50 all that similar to an Express. It was like a really good Marshall in my opinion. It didnt have that instant harmonic feedback one associates with an Express. I think the Constellation did that better really. Thats not to say the KF50 isnt a great amp. And I didnt find it THAT dfferent than the K60 hearing them side-by-side..and I had the luxury of comparing a 2 different KF50's a K60 and a Constellation all at one sitting. Besides that..ive been downsizing my rig quite a bit and am down to my '63 AC30 and '55 Deluxe at the moment..and simply couldnt afford to have $5K tied up in an amp that wasnt the End All for me. So for a little over $1K I have pretty much all the exact parts necessary to duplicate Francesca. Seems like sound thinking to me..but your right it take all types.