Current Express build transformers ?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shenneman

Current Express build transformers ?

Post by Shenneman »

Getting ready to start my first Express build and wondering what people like and where they’re sourcing them?

I searched around this forum, but it seems like most of the posts about transformers are a couple years old so I thought I’d ask about what folks are currently using.

I see a 6.6k TW ot Heyboer being sold via Mojotone. Is this the same as the vintage spec transformers that Toneslut sold that folks like?

Is there a place to get the Pacifics from? I emailed RJ a few days ago via the RJguitars site about them, but haven’t heard back yet. Not in a huge rush or anything, but also not sure if the site is still active so I figured I’d ask here as well.
wpaulvogel

Re: Current Express build transformers ?

Post by wpaulvogel »

I have a set of Pacific Transformers for an Express. I sent you a PM. I ordered mine directly from Pacific and I bought 4 sets, I built 3 amps and this set is left over, still in original packaging.
aceofbones

Post by aceofbones »

I got a whole ‘kit’ for an Express from RJ a couple of months ago, including a pair of pacific transformers. He seems like a super busy guy but he does reply when he’s able. He is fantastic to deal with, I would highly recommend any transaction with him!
Shenneman

Post by Shenneman »

Thanks Aceofbones! Good to know.