Where to find Trainwreck Logos?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

RockinRocket

Where to find Trainwreck Logos?

Post by RockinRocket »

Something authentic looking. Any one have a source?
Phil_S

Re: Where to find Trainwreck Logos?

Post by Phil_S »

I think this is protected intellectual property.
xtian

Post by xtian »

"Protected IP"...only if you try to sell it. No one will stop you from printing a bunch of Nike logos and slapping them on your sneakers. Until you try to market them. Ethics is a different conversation.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

correct, but I think that's Phil's point... there are likely no people selling protected IP except the owners of said IP and trainwreck doesn't sell their logo anywhere I've seen.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket »

They are definitely out there and they usually look good. IMO a replica build doesn't look right with out the cosmetics. So what if I cant afford a original JTM 45 or a 40k realTrainwreck and I build my own that I'm proud of and want it to look historically correct.

If any one has a source please PM me.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have never seen these panels either. I’m not bothered if my clone doesn’t have Trainwreck written across it. I wouldn’t want the amp to be sold as a Trainwreck if I sold it, though I understand someone wants the logo on to finish the amp. That’s not uncommon with Marshall clones.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
BIG Dave

Post by BIG Dave »

I’d like a logo that looks similar to the original, but obviously different. Maybe something like RainWreck (removing the leading “T”), or TrainRek. Or, just a white plastic logo in the correct shape but no lettering. Kind of looks bare with no logo there....
BIG Dave: '63 Princeton, '67 SFDR, '68 Marshall 4x12, '71 Marshall JMP50, etc...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Would it be sacrilege if I were to make available the artwork and/or the actual badges that would be a custom take on the original Wreck badges? Examples like those mentioned above.

I see the void that needs to be filled. How much would have to be changed to appease most (probably never all)?

The original logo could be used as a sizing and spacing template to make customized logos.

There are plenty here who have D-style amps that have authentic looking logos, etc., but there is something there to let you know that it is a clone. If it looks like someone is creating a exact replica, they are gonna get a load of negative responses. Don't get me wrong... I agree. I would never replicate to the degree that an amp (or other device) could be misconstrued as a fake.

Having an accessible alternative may encourage people to take the high road.

Then again, Ken's family may frown upon this as well.

Any thoughts?
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket »

I'm in. I also don't think it matters what the family thinks.
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

I beg your pardon, sirs, but how can you ignore those too many people misinformed by just reading the titles, and all these cupid ones, to exploit that weakness?

You can just don't care for them, argue that they deserve being abused, but you are experts. You know how to spot a fake. They don't.

Do as you want, and tell you what you want to feel more confortable with that, but don't rely on me to read that on a forum and don't write about what I feel it is all about.

For me there's no such thing as a fake fake. Sorry,

Of course, this doesn't apply to custom names as "raintrek", and so on... :wink:
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

My fake 1932 roadster has Ford logo on it!

The Trainwreck logos of past are no longer available and I know of no one that makes them or sells them.

Mark
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

M Fowler wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:25 pm My fake 1932 roadster has Ford logo on it!
It's OK on a replica? (I suspect most people would recognize the '32 as a replica.) If you build the TW circuit and fabricate a cab in the style of the original, is it a replica? Somehow, I don't want to go down this road. The family has indicated they intend to enforce IP rights (as best we know.) We should respect that.
wallybob

Post by wallybob »

A Trainwreck logo seems like an ideal item to have 3d printed.
Vince-

Post by Vince- »

I'm getting ready to start an express build for myself. I've talked to a sign company about making a badge for me and, oh man ,It will cost quite a bit. There is a setup cost for the artwork and a printing cost..
Basically they say if I have one made or 20 made it will the same price. So if i go ahead with it I'll have 19 extras lol.
I'd be happy to sell some to recoup some of the cost. If there is any interest out there , let me know.
Matthews Guitars

Post by Matthews Guitars »

I've actually never seen one in person so I'm not 100 percent clear on the exact form factor of the logos but in any event, whatever they are, they can be made by Mila Displays, Inc, of New York. They make my gold foil logos for the guitars I build, and apparently make PRS gold foil headstock logos as well, plus logos and branding of many types for many brands.

They dealt with me for a 500 dollar order which set me up with logos for life.

I'd suggest an "Inspired by Trainwreck" logo that would have the proper look to it, plus those extra words that would theoretically make everything legal and kosher.

If that was a mutually agreeable concept, someone who can do the design work could take the lead on the project, have the logos made, and sell them to those of us who have replicas.