Liverpool B+

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ViperDoc

Liverpool B+

Post by ViperDoc »

I was looking at the Liverpool documents after watching Pete Thorn's video. The TW Liverpool docs on this site list a PT that has a 234 VAC secondary output. I have a Classictone TW-style dual secondary PT that has a 260 VAC output option as shown here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tubedepot-com- ... -18065.pdf

I can use a Brown Box attenuator to drop the AC down 10% and get there, but what's the best way to drop it inside the amplifier? On the B+ line before the first filter cap with zener diodes? On the secondary pre-rectifier? Between the first and second filter cap nodes? I've seen different recommendations, I'm wondering what you all think is best. Thanks.
Just plug it in, man.
Colossal

Re: Liverpool B+

Post by Colossal »

ViperDoc wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:57 pm I was looking at the Liverpool documents after watching Pete Thorn's video. The TW Liverpool docs on this site list a PT that has a 234 VAC secondary output. I have a Classictone TW-style dual secondary PT that has a 260 VAC output option as shown here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tubedepot-com- ... -18065.pdf

I can use a Brown Box attenuator to drop the AC down 10% and get there, but what's the best way to drop it inside the amplifier? On the B+ line before the first filter cap with zener diodes? On the secondary pre-rectifier? Between the first and second filter cap nodes? I've seen different recommendations, I'm wondering what you all think is best. Thanks.
Use the 260VAC (unloaded) tap. Your rectified B+ should be 330VDC.
ViperDoc

Re: Liverpool B+

Post by ViperDoc »

Thank you, sir.
Just plug it in, man.