Trainwreck turret boards

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jeffkt

Trainwreck turret boards

Post by jeffkt »

Got my cnc setup to do turret boards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aceofbones

Re: Trainwreck turret boards

Post by aceofbones »

Those look great!
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Got flea clips?
:D
Mark

Post by Mark »

What material are the boards?

I don’t care about flea clips myself, but I understand that many people may like the original touch.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Beat ya to it!
20220417_135112.jpg
I recognize that grainy red stuff... did some of that the other day.
received_753558705671038.jpeg
Maybe Dave can tell you exactly what the McMaster-Car numbers are for these. He sent sheets, I just CAD/CAM and cut.
This may be it... dunno. https://www.mcmaster.com/3909N33
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Mark

Post by Mark »

I want garolite boards these days, I have had enough of conductive phenolic boards. I had one from RJ, Jelle Wellagen helped me determine it was the board and RJ replaced it FOC, (great bloke!)
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Mark wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:47 am I want garolite boards these days, I have had enough of conductive phenolic boards. I had one from RJ, Jelle Wellagen helped me determine it was the board and RJ replaced it FOC, (great bloke!)
I always use Garolite for the boards I make here. Do you need anything in particular made?

And yes, rj is one of the best ever.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
Mark

Post by Mark »

I was after something different in the Express board I will use. I wanted to implement the vintage/fast switch into the board but in such a way the vintage setting has greater bass response than the typical Express amp.

Basically toying with the idea of getting another trick from a one trick pony.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I have a layout for an Express... I'm pretty sure I can connect the three resistors in the same space as the 150k. The .0068uF can be connected to the .0022uF and intalled across the board toward the switch. I thought about putting a relay on the board there, but as I see it, you'd have to use two relays (the Omrons I have anyway) to get the middle-off position. Maybe a front panel switch for the off = stock position, the just one relay on the board. Either way, it wouldn't take but a few minutes to add the mods to the layout I have. I hope I'm on the same page... This is the doc I'm referring to:
Fastgrad Vs FatGain Switch.pdf
I also have a board to replace the stack-o-caps... Let me know if that sounds good.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dorrisant, how did the mod go?

I was thinking of a version of the gain switch which is based on the Komet circuit. My idea differs in that I would use a large coupling cap so the lower gain mode has a bigger bass response. An Express is a bright sounding amp so it would offer a completely different sound to the stock sound.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott