A few questions regarding my new Liverpool build

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Ledvedder5150

Re: A few questions regarding my new Liverpool build

Post by Ledvedder5150 »

Any thoughts on this exciting new feature after installing the ppimv and cut control?

https://youtu.be/DGTh2kD0b3g
Check out my band: https://www.facebook.com/ungluedband
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Swap the wiper leads on the dual MV pots. Any better?
Ledvedder5150

Post by Ledvedder5150 »

sluckey wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:54 pm Swap the wiper leads on the dual MV pots. Any better?
Yep, that was it!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Colossal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:11 pm
Ledvedder5150 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:30 am
Colossal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:07 am The resistors on your PPIMV pot....are those 220k? Red-red-yellow? Or Red-red-green, 2M2 and the photo is overexposed, making the green band seem yellow?
They're 2M2. Samsung phones and their overexposed pictures. Grrr!

Does anyone else not get email notifications about thread posts? Or is it just me?
Ok, just checking on those resistors.

Regarding thread post and private mail notifications, sadly the forum software has some issues which can't be corrected anymore. Phil, our intrepid administrator, has fixed things in the past but the software needs an update and the site owner will not respond, so it hangs in limbo :? It's annoying, but best to just routinely check your active threads.
Not to get too deep in the reeds, but it's not the software, it's that the domain hosting provider is on a lot of blacklists... and we don't have 'correct' email setup. He won't let me setup a mail domain that I can host and manage, within minutes so I don't and cant. I'd also love to not host it on this crappy hosting provider either, but them's the breaks... sorry all.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Ledvedder5150

Post by Ledvedder5150 »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:55 pm

Does anyone else not get email notifications about thread posts? Or is it just me?

Regarding thread post and private mail notifications, sadly the forum software has some issues which can't be corrected anymore. Phil, our intrepid administrator, has fixed things in the past but the software needs an update and the site owner will not respond, so it hangs in limbo :? It's annoying, but best to just routinely check your active threads.
Not to get too deep in the reeds, but it's not the software, it's that the domain hosting provider is on a lot of blacklists... and we don't have 'correct' email setup. He won't let me setup a mail domain that I can host and manage, within minutes so I don't and cant. I'd also love to not host it on this crappy hosting provider either, but them's the breaks... sorry all.

~Phil
No worries Phil! I've worked in IT for over 30 years, so I'm aware of all the bs and red tape necessary to get anything done. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of setting on my end that was incorrect.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Ledvedder5150 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:00 pm

~Phil
No worries Phil! I've worked in IT for over 30 years, so I'm aware of all the bs and red tape necessary to get anything done. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some sort of setting on my end that was incorrect.
Yeah I've been in IT for 25ish myself. I did 10 or more in email specifically so I know that area the best probably (although my last 5+ years haven't touched it so it's getting rustier :D) I run my own mail server and I could set it up in a matter of minutes and every time I've mentioned that to Allyn he just dismissed it.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

~Phil
Yes, we know you don't care.

lol
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Reeltarded wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:24 pm

~Phil
Yes, we know you don't care.

lol
Miles you're grounded, go to your room :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!