Express/ Liverpool Cold Clipping

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Amwatts

Re: Express/ Liverpool Cold Clipping

Post by Amwatts »

ChopSauce wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:16 am Thousand thanks!

Did you really made for an 0M grid leak resistor option on input?

I don't think that would be sustainable... :?
It's the only switch I had in my stash , I'll swap it out eventually , though it doesn't seem to cause an issue at the moment, many early 40's amps didn't have it, the first Fender Deluxe is one
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

The first Fender Deluxe?

Whose schematic is this?

I couldn't find anything prior to the 5A3, whose supposed schematic (according to ampwares) shows a 5M grid leak resistor on input - if I read well :?
Amwatts

Post by Amwatts »

ChopSauce wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:14 pm The first Fender Deluxe?

Whose schematic is this?

I couldn't find anything prior to the 5A3, whose supposed schematic (according to ampwares) shows a 5M grid leak resistor on input - if I read well :?
The 1st Fender Deluxe was the Model 26 , called "woodies" by collectors, It was housed in a wooden cabinet with a 1 x 10 field coil speaker which soon changed to a PM (permanent magnet) Jensen . I have owned two , The first run was point to point , the second run was on a fibreboard , the first amps to use this method (yes Leo invented that) . There's a great write up on Rob Robinette's site , I reverse engineered my two , to the point of sending the original transformers to Mercury Magnetic to be copied (if you buy a Merc "Woodie" transformer they're copies of mine)

The value of some of the components was different to my two compared to Robs site , (I sent him the differences) but the circuit is the same .

Here's mine with changes implemented
Woody Schematic.jpg
here's the two amps I owned (sold now)

IMG_3704.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lumox0013

Post by lumox0013 »

Very intriguing .Thank you so much for sharing your experience , you built some beautiful amps . sound clips are always a great idea as well ,cheers
Live , Love , Learn
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Yes, thank you very much!