New Trainwreck style PCBs

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

frusciante89

New Trainwreck style PCBs

Post by frusciante89 »

Hello boys and girls!
As part as a new product line for my PCBs, I've decided to venture into a Trainwreck style PCB! Took me a good couple of months to get everything sorted but here's the final result!
I'm planning to send this out to the manufacturer next week, and it will then available on my website (https://www.aaelectronicspcb.com/)
The same board can be used to build the Express, and the Liverpool!
Let me know what do you thinks and if you have any suggestions :)

Cheers from London!
Andrea
AA Electronics

Express

Liverpool
Amwatts

Re: New Trainwreck style PCBs

Post by Amwatts »

frusciante89 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:18 am Hello boys and girls!
As part as a new product line for my PCBs, I've decided to venture into a Trainwreck style PCB! Took me a good couple of months to get everything sorted but here's the final result!
I'm planning to send this out to the manufacturer next week, and it will then available on my website (https://www.aaelectronicspcb.com/)

Cheers from London!
Andrea
AA Electronics

Express

Liverpool
That's very cool indeed , I'd be keen to grab a couple of boards , would it fit in a Fender tweed style chassis ?
that's what came to mind. I like how you can build either amp with the one board
Riffmonster

Post by Riffmonster »

Looks very good, great work! I see you indicated 6V6s and a PT secondary of 260v-0-260v I assume your PCB would also work with EL34s and a PT secondary of 300v-0-300v?
frusciante89

Post by frusciante89 »

Amwatts wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:29 am
frusciante89 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:18 am Hello boys and girls!

Cheers from London!
Andrea
AA Electronics
That's very cool indeed , I'd be keen to grab a couple of boards , would it fit in a Fender tweed style chassis ?
that's what came to mind. I like how you can build either amp with the one board
Yes, that's the idea! I try to design most of my boards with modularity and flexibility in mind! In this case you can build both models by only changing a couple of jumpers.
Also, answering your question, the board is 365mm x 62mm in size, so it will fit in a Fender tweed style chassis.
Find more details and pictures here (I'm currently taking preorders if you're interested :D ): https://www.aaelectronicspcb.com/product-page/the-train

frusciante89

Post by frusciante89 »

Riffmonster wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:26 am Looks very good, great work! I see you indicated 6V6s and a PT secondary of 260v-0-260v I assume your PCB would also work with EL34s and a PT secondary of 300v-0-300v?
Yes, absolutely. You can use the power section and PT that you wish!
Amwatts

Post by Amwatts »

Thanks for your reply , I've ordered two from your site and a Dumblator PCB as well

regards
Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Any new PCB’s on the horizon?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Amwatts

Post by Amwatts »

Just fired up the Express Build , Loving this PCB , I squeezed it into a Hammond Aluminium Chassis and it's turned out a treat . Sounds fantastic , I did some slight changes as I didn't want it the same as my Barwatt Express Head , And I had an old JTM45 OT spare so I went with that and used KT66's , Also added a MV (Type 3 from the Trainwreck pages) using a 500kB pot ,
Very happy with the results and the PCB is of such high quality I can't recommend it enough if you want to build a compact combo style Wreck ....

I bought 2 x PCB's I'll build a Liverpool with the next one , But I'm only going to use 2 EL84's instead of 4 , See how that turns out
Thanks Andrea

Now to build the cab , A Marshall 18w style 1 x 12
IMG_6416.jpeg
IMG_6418.jpeg
IMG_6412.jpeg
IMG_6413.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frusciante89

Post by frusciante89 »

Amwatts wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:08 am Just fired up the Express Build , Loving this PCB , I squeezed it into a Hammond Aluminium Chassis and it's turned out a treat . Sounds fantastic , I did some slight changes as I didn't want it the same as my Barwatt Express Head , And I had an old JTM45 OT spare so I went with that and used KT66's , Also added a MV (Type 3 from the Trainwreck pages) using a 500kB pot ,
Very happy with the results and the PCB is of such high quality I can't recommend it enough if you want to build a compact combo style Wreck ....

I bought 2 x PCB's I'll build a Liverpool with the next one , But I'm only going to use 2 EL84's instead of 4 , See how that turns out
Thanks Andrea

Now to build the cab , A Marshall 18w style 1 x 12

IMG_6416.jpeg
IMG_6418.jpeg
IMG_6412.jpeg
IMG_6413.jpeg
Looks FANTASTIC! Thanks for the kind words :)
Would it be possible to have some sounds samples or a video of your build? Would love to add this beautiful build to my testimonials page ;)

Love from London,
Andrea
AA Electronics