2xEL84 Rocket

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Littlewyan

Re: 2xEL84 Rocket

Post by Littlewyan »

I think I'm going to build the full 30W Rocket to be honest. I compromised on the last amplifier I built and don't want to do that again. I've found a PT from Modulus Amplification that will do the job, just need to find a suitable Dynaco A470. I've emailed Heyboer and am awaiting a response, although I'm not holding out much luck as I think they like to build in batches rather than do one offs. Another option I've found is Pacific, but their spec sheets worry me. That's been discussed on this forum before. Also residing in the UK limits me somewhat!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Triode Electronics has the Dynaco A470 OT. Very pricey.

https://store.triodestore.com/noname.html
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Saw that, that’s why I didn’t include it as an option if I’m honest :lol: Heyboer have got back to me though and will ship to the UK! They’re also rather pricey but not as much. Pacific is the cheapest, $200 include shipping for an OT, just the slightly iffy spec sheets that worry me…
joeboo88

Post by joeboo88 »

Hey Ryan: Glad you are going with the full Rocket. I love mine and there is a fullness to the sound over my 15 watt amps. (although I built Sluckeys AC15 with reverb and its one of my favourite amps).
I have that Heyboer OT in my Rocket but I got if off RJ and it wasn't as costly back a few years ago.
Good luck ~ Joe
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Littlewyan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:41 pm Saw that, that’s why I didn’t include it as an option if I’m honest :lol: Heyboer have got back to me though and will ship to the UK! They’re also rather pricey but not as much. Pacific is the cheapest, $200 include shipping for an OT, just the slightly iffy spec sheets that worry me…
Phil/Heyboer Rocket PTs are accurate to the original specs. They will build you as many or as few as you like. I got mine in about 8 weeks during a busy period. Current Pacific offerings are not only iffy--they're wrong. IMO, go Heyboer or go home.
Just plug it in, man.
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

Littlewyan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm I think I'm going to build the full 30W Rocket to be honest. I compromised on the last amplifier I built and don't want to do that again.
Yeah, good call on that.
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

The issue for me is if I buy from Heyboer it will cost me roughly £400 just for the PT and OT! So I may just purchase the OT from them or..... I have found another option in Italy.

https://www.laboratoriomusicale.net/en/ ... eplica-new

Also going to have a chat with Modulus Amplification to see how their OT stacks up next to a Dynaco A470.