new pacific transformer budget series called "red"

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Roe

new pacific transformer budget series called "red"

Post by Roe »

Cheaper transformers, called the red series, looking promising
https://pacificaudiomagnetics.com/colle ... Red+Series
Last edited by Roe on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
xtian

Re: new pacific transformer set series

Post by xtian »

Can't tell the cosmetics...but if they're actually painting the end bells red....TAKE MY MONEY!
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
dorrisant

Re: new pacific transformer budget series called "red"

Post by dorrisant »

I'll definitely be trying them out. Thanks for posting!
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Those prices are on par with Weber's import transformers. Wonder if these will be USA made or not?
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

Trainwreck OT at 7k5?
Reeltarded

Re: new pacific transformer set series

Post by Reeltarded »

xtian wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm Can't tell the cosmetics...but if they're actually painting the end bells red....TAKE MY MONEY!
STOP!

Hammertone time.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

gktamps wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:11 pm Trainwreck OT at 7k5?

Always weird and never again understood. Have they moved headquarters to the far East?

Like Boston.. with deep water channels to the Atlantic?

Weird!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I think it's already been proven that the current Pacific transformer offerings depart wildly from all the original recipes. None of the specs are the same.

Now if we need red end bells for money, I think I know a guy...those would look tight!
Just plug it in, man.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Red? As in Communist China no doubt. You guys need to get out more.... :lol:

"Red Series
On paper, the RED Series products are nearly identical to our renowned Vintage Replica line. The only difference is that they are assembled in our international manufacturing facilities and will be offered at a more affordable price point. Additionally, the Red Series products feature red powder-coated end bells for an easy way to visually identify the differences between our two main product lines. Aside from these minor changes, these products are built with the exact materials and to the same specifications as the Vintage Replica series using the same methods, practices, and QA standards as the products built in California. To make sure they passed the tone test, we put them in the hands of some of the most respected amplifier manufacturers in the world to test, provide feedback and give their blessing before we released them to you."
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
DrRogersA

Post by DrRogersA »

gktamps wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:11 pm Trainwreck OT at 7k5?
May I ask, where did you find this value? For the life of me, I can't find a link to a datasheet or even some specification text on Pacific's website. I've read good things on this forum about Pacific transformers, but looking at their website it feels more like "Just trust us, we know what we're doing..."

The Red Series transformers look like they might be good bang for the buck, but I'd sure love to see a datasheet before I buy...
Vince-

Post by Vince- »

I'm planning my first wreck express build and just ordered a red set.. it will be a while before I start the build but I will definitely chime in when the time comes. Prices were very affordable. I had been about to buy some hammond transformers. A 1750orf ot with 6.6k , made for an orange amp ( only had 8 and 16 taps though..). And a pt with 300 0 300 secondaries.
Hopefully the red line are the same quality as the American made ones as.they claim..
I've never played a wreck or clone so I won't be able to compare but I'm hoping they will get me.close
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

DrRogersA,
Use the link in the first post. The spec sheet is linked in the listing for the TW output transformer. Says 7k5.
DrRogersA

Post by DrRogersA »

gktamps wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:12 am DrRogersA,
Use the link in the first post. The spec sheet is linked in the listing for the TW output transformer. Says 7k5.
Thanks. I must be going blind to have missed those red rectangles!
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

The situation makes me very grateful I thought ahead and bought extra sets of Allen's linecard part number Pacific TW transformers for all 3 models years ago.
However, not sure I need to build any more - have too many now!
Vince-

Post by Vince- »

I just received mine. Legs were all bent but i'll be satisfied if I can bend em back without cracking the powder coat.
I should have my logos and figured maple cab in another week or so. Not too many more components to compile..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.