Having trouble finding pots

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Vince-

Having trouble finding pots

Post by Vince- »

I knew I'd need longer threaded pot bushings to accomidate the wooden faceplate but it seems I can't find any ... I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I haven't made a faceplate.yet so I do t know exactly how long of a bushing I need but the alpha pots I ordered were super short.
Thanks for any insight !
Vince-

Re: Having trouble finding pots

Post by Vince- »

Also im curious if people use veneer?
Thanks!
cbass

Post by cbass »

If you have a drill press you could use the appropriate sized fostener bit(large enough for a nut driver)to make a recess for the washer and nut.The knobs will cover the recess
You could also drill all the way through and use double sided tape to hold the face plate on along with any jacks, switches and pilot light that might have enough thread.
Vince-

Post by Vince- »

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get my buddy to shave a piece of birch about .8mm thick and I think I will be able to make the short shaft pots work !!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

I think there might be lots of options for thin veneer made for laser marking, which fits with the KF original wood burning approach. Lettering and custom burned-in designs would be a snap. Maybe even already sticky-backed.
Vince-

Post by Vince- »

I ended up getting my buddy to cut me a number of sheets that are a good thickness. I will look into the wood burning as well. Good idea!