those elusive mallory pvc612's, soon to be in stock with me!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rhinson

those elusive mallory pvc612's, soon to be in stock with me!

Post by rhinson »

hello there, i'm sure many of you have had the same problems with getting these (the mallory pvc612's--the .02/600v caps used in the tone stack and the phase inverter) as i have. no one has them or will order them because since mallory has been taken over by cde they make their distributors order a min. of 500pcs. (some only have to get 250) and no one wants to do that. you can check websites stock but that is the stock at the warehouse not the physical stock on hand at a distributor (i was told they make them do this for marketing purposes). the cde warehouse has 174 in stock and called a distributor that sweet talked them in to bypassing the min. ---so he could order the 174 but i would have to take them---so i did!! i should have them in in about 2 weeks. if you guy's would please get them from me i'd really apprecitate it. i'm going to set a min. order of 12pcs (enough for 3 wrecks or i'm sure most if you guys build other stuff as well you could use them in) so i won't have to totally nickel and dime them out---i'm hoping there's maybe 10-15 people here that will buy them so i won't be stuck. i'll ship them out cheap as possible in either a padded envelope or very small box, first class mail. price will be 75cents each---and i'll even throw in a couple of free caps from my stash of stuff that you can experiment with. in the word's of moose (regarding his trannies) don't let me get stuck with these!! you can go ahead and email me at rhinson@midsouth.rr.com if you want before they get here so i can make some preparations or even just reply to this post. when i get them i'll post them in the for sale section as well. thanks a lot guys. rh
Last edited by rhinson on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkalicousgroove

Re: those elusive mallory pvc612's, soon to be in stock with me!

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

I'll take some, I assume you're doing them in sets of

.1x9
.02x12
.002x3

or are you just talking about the .02? are they .02 or .022?
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Richie

Post by Richie »

I sent you an e-mail.. Are these the correct value and voltage?

Thanks
Richie
rhinson

Post by rhinson »

hello, this is just for the pvc612's (ie---the .02/600v---not .022---used in the twrecks we've seen--used x2 in the tone stack and x2 in the phase inverter, hence the reason for selling them in groups of 4). the pvc601's (ie---.1/600v) seem to be pretty available at distributors and you can also find the pvc622's (ie---.002/600v) a few places as well. but nobody has or stocks or will get the pvc612's. i've got a couple of these and they are dead on .02 when measureed, as opposed to the .022's which seem to vary quite a bit more. i don't know if ken chose them for this reason or not. but anyway please let me know if you want a set. i'm not trying to make any money on this (there's none to be made anyway) just trying to help the group/builders get the exact parts for a clone in an amp that seems to be fairly sensitive to parts and their layout. thanks very much. rh
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

I'll take some for sure, I'll send you an email

Thanks
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi RH, I'll take at least 20. Let me know when your ready or need cash.

Allynmey
sullitone

Post by sullitone »

Have any of you considered using the PVC6122's. They are extremely close and I would waiger to say you couldn't here the difference between the 0.02 and the 0.022.

mouser:

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?&handle ... 0&crc=true
Richie

Post by Richie »

you can also get the 6PSS20 which are the same cap,made the same way exactly as the PVCmallory, by the same manufactuer. and these are .02
96 cents each, 25 pieces min order. Just got a bag of them today..
good people to deal with.

http://www.elecsupp.com/

Electronic Supply Center
413-664-1086

Richie
rhinson

Post by rhinson »

hey richie, out of curiosity what company makes caps for mallory and sprague and where is the plant located? you've said this before in another post---makes me think it might be around your local area. don't suppose you know which plant makes sozo caps ? :wink: thanks for your info.-----does that little mom and pop place that you left a link to for the spragues have a catalog of items stocked or do you just have to know what you want and call for pricing? thanks rh
Richie

Post by Richie »

If you click on their history you can find out some info about them.
Only thing close to me is deer in the yard..lol
I kinda found them through a different way. I was on the mallory spragues cap sites,and the distributor links listed.
They have been selling Sprague caps and others for many years.
They know their caps. And the Sprague plant was down the road from them as it says on there site.
I just e-mailed and asked for the caps i was looking for,along with some other caps i was looking for. Which they had.
And after calling and talking to them on the phone, had the caps in just a few days. They can give you the info on the manufacture. As for the sozo caps.. there was a posting on who made those on another forum,and a huge hot,heated, discussion followed..

Richie