TW Turret Boards

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

UR12

TW Turret Boards

Post by UR12 »

Finally got all of the parts in and this is my first attempt at making some Wreck Express boards. 1/8" (XX Grade phenolic). Since we can't get the real stuff I thought I would take a stab at it. Any Suggestions?
Allynmey
Site Admin

Re: TW Turret Boards

Post by Allynmey »

Hi Dana! Did you get your drill jig in yet? :D I like that power board. Did you get your first wreck finished yet? We may get another crack at Francesca at HeeBGB's ampfest at the end of the month. If you or anyone here has an amp to show and cant make it, you can ship it to us and we'll make sure it gets back in the same condition. :D Have you had any luck with the Tranny's?

Allynmey
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Allynmey wrote:Hi Dana! Did you get your drill jig in yet? :D I like that power board. Did you get your first wreck finished yet? We may get another crack at Francesca at HeeBGB's ampfest at the end of the month. If you or anyone here has an amp to show and cant make it, you can ship it to us and we'll make sure it gets back in the same condition. :D Have you had any luck with the Tranny's?

Allynmey
The answer to your first two questions is yes. The Junkyard Express was my first and Richie is still playing with it. We are taking it to Columbus tomorrow if we have room. I am trying to gather all of the parts for a real nice (historically as acurate as I can get) Express build at the moment. I am hoping that Komboking has a chassis finished for me to pick up at the show also. I have my boards finished but not populated yet.

I have my fingers crossed that you guys get another crack at Franchesca!! Did the perfboard arrive in good condition?

Plexi and I have been researching transformers. I am going to get a set from Moose but he is still out of stock. I'm going to be busy ALL day trying to get everything ready for Columbus tomorrow. Rush Rush Rush!!!
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi Dana, Perfboard came in great condition! Will you be selling this and can you get quantity? What are you looking for PT or OT or both? Let me know. Good luck in Columbus!

Allynmey
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Allynmey wrote:Hi Dana, Perfboard came in great condition! Will you be selling this and can you get quantity? What are you looking for PT or OT or both? Let me know. Good luck in Columbus!

Allynmey
The Perfboard I sent you was all that was available and Richie doesn't have anymore. I want to get in some more samples of phenolic . The stuff I have is XX and I want to try some XXP if i can find it. I am also going to order in some G10 to play with. Once I have found what I am looking for I will probably offer some homemade stuff for sale. Quantity shouldn't be a problem. Finding time to make it in quantity might though. :D

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's show. Richie, Bud and I are taking the Junkyard Express along with a 36watt head, a 2 x 12 18watt combo, and my Power Scaled Super 18 head and 4 x 10 slant front cab. I tried out the 4 x 10 CTS speakers tonight and wasn't impressed when we A/Bd them with Richies
2 x 12 open back combo with 12" Sammis. The Junkyard is sounding sweet and I can't wait to get one up and running with the correct parts.

I am looking for both the PT and OT. There's no rush and I can wait on Moose. I won't get the chassis till tomorrow so it will be a while before I am ready to start on the Express anyway.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi Dana, I'd like to hear how Columbus went.

Allynmey
Richie

Post by Richie »

Allynmey; Sorry not Dana here.. but i think he went to the dentist today,so he may be a bit out of it.

As for the Show.. they are not like they used to be years ago. I think this was Dana's first show in 10 yrs.
But we still had a good time,the best is just talking and meeting people,and looking at stuff.

Got to talk to Brain Wallace and his cabnet builder..Both of them really do some great work. And was great to get to meet them,and shoot the bull..

I think the highlight was Mike [komboking] bringing along the Wreck chassis for Dana..:) I know he was looking forward to getting it.

We got a couple chassis off Mike.. and got to talk a bit. Just alot of really good people there.
The downside,was the idiot they had us next too.
Guy was rude..and setting his stuff in front of our table. He had 2 tables..and wanted part of ours i believe. People were asking us about the guys stuff that was next to us.
We took the Junkyard wreck,but never turned it on.. we had a couple 18s and a 36 watter.. mostly just for display.
Not much there at the show i was interested in, or lest say i could afford..LOL
Still we had a good time.

Richie